Takom SS100 Hanomag (for V2)

LSP_K2

Well, this is as far as I got tonight, folks, but I'll probably be doing a lot more tomorrow too. So far I'm somewhat less than impressed with the overall execution of the building process (I hope this is not typical for Takom kits), but generally the kit seems to at least be detailed very well. I also copped a pair of Tamiya nippers for my buddy, and I'm completely sold on them, so much so that I'll very soon be ordering myself a pair.

oYySYV.jpg

Odd, I've looked everywhere for a book on this subject, and have found absolutely nothing. There is one item published by some Rinaldi fella, but that's just a "how I did it" reference, which is completely useless to me, so I guess I'll follow the Takom painting guide, having no other options.

I also found out that Panzer Art makes a six wheel resin set to replace the rubber tires, which I loathe, so I'll soon be ordering those. Rather oddly, they don't offer the spare though, so I guess I'll go ahead with the rubber tire for that, and hope that it doesn't melt anything.

Looking good Kev.  All those ejector pins bring back memories of an AFV Club Flak 88 I built some years ago.  It was a nice kit - except for several ejector pin marks in some prominent places.  Dealing with them almost brought me to me knees! 

Ernest

5 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Looking good Kev.  All those ejector pins bring back memories of an AFV Club Flak 88 I built some years ago.  It was a nice kit - except for several ejector pin marks in some prominent places.  Dealing with them almost brought me to me knees! 

Ernest

Takom actually took the time to add punch pins at locations adjacent to many parts, rather than on them, so I'm fairly pleased with that, as I have several other kits from them in mind to do,... one day. I suspect the kit below may be one that brings me to tears, but haven't really looked at it all that closely yet, so it too might just be OK.

DB1aYK.jpg