FINISHED Fiat G-50 Part Trois *All glory to the Hypno-Fiat!*

RadBaron

Those new year/new project/new cutting-mat feels!

Special Hobby's Fiat G50.

20201231_093204

Just a cool looking plane, and I'm going to finish it as the aircraft depicted in the box art, so it should be a lovely challenging paint session. 

The contents of the box are miles ahead of SH's Heinkell He100 (Which I've just finished), being crisp and well detailed. This kit comprises plastic, resin and photo etched parts, all quite well detailed, albeit all requiring some cleaning up to some degree. 

20201231_093153

I'll be using MRP paints for as much as I can, hopefully I've deciphered STORMO!'s colour guide accurately!

20201231_093139

This is the scheme I'll be having a crack at. Should be fun.

Screenshot_20201124-094228_Drive

Cue the Fiat A74 radial engine noises!

20201231_093126

Denzil.

Edited by RadBaron

6 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

Great choice, I have that one in the stash and the "poached egg" scheme looks good if somewhat challenging. I too have a thing for Italian subjects and one day I will get around to my PCM kits

Thankyou mate, it should make for an interesting looking finish. Definitely worth having a go of!

3 hours ago, RadBaron said:

You and me both, mate!

I dont imagine construction will be anything special, but I might need to start looking for some calming music to play during the painting session :D

If it was me, I've work light to dark using MRP paints thinned with a little levelling thinner to keep the paint flowing.   ...and don't try to do it all in one session!  And stay off the caffeine beforehand!  You'll be impressed with what you can achieve with low air pressure and taking your time.

17 hours ago, Gazzas said:

If it was me, I've work light to dark using MRP paints thinned with a little levelling thinner to keep the paint flowing.   ...and don't try to do it all in one session!  And stay off the caffeine beforehand!  You'll be impressed with what you can achieve with low air pressure and taking your time.

I think you're right. The options on the table are all over yellow, then the green squiggle in between, or allover green, then yellow splotches. Im fairly confident in the covering capabilities of the MRP paints, so breaking the cardinal rule of Light to Dark might work. I think I'll do a test piece to have a look and see what feels best.  

Either way, im sure it'll be interesting :lol:

On 1/1/2021 at 11:38 AM, monthebiff said:

Cool subject choice,  looking forward to this one

On 1/1/2021 at 3:23 PM, MARU5137 said:

Denzil,

I look forward  to another of your model builds.

unique and interesting aircraft  indeed

Lovely start.  :clap2:

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

On 1/1/2021 at 11:40 AM, dennismcc said:

Looking through my notes from other peoples builds it was noted that the kit does not have the desert sand filter of the G50's that arrived in theater later, so I bought a resin one from CMK, though if you are building an early machine the kit intake is fine.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks for the headsup! From what I understand, this was an earlier machine, so hopefully I'll get away with using whats in the kit. I'm sure though, that precisely 1 second after I finish the build, a beautifully clear picture will surface proving me wrong :D

Little bit of progress after a quick trip to Montana!

IMG_20210108_080355_471

All the kit provided cockpit details were affixed and everything got a coat of MRP Vernice Anticorrosione

20210108_074224

Also, the Fiat A74 has started going together.

20210108_074310

20210108_073941

I'll finish off the pushrod and intake piping before I begin painting. 

Plenty of fun ahead!