Trumpy EA-18G Growler

Whitey

I asked Eduard if they had any spare Growler P/E and they found a set each of the internal and external frets. Happy camper.

Thanks to great service from Eduard.

While not much to show this week a fair bit of work has been ongoing.

Fuselage sides attached to fuselage underside - went fairly well but some serious thinking and work is now required to make the intake inlets fit. 

I've started the plumbing in the main wheel wells too. 

DSCN2771-X3.jpg

DSCN2775-X2.jpg

I'll keep plugging away and I am looking forward to getting hold of the proper P/E for the cockpit. I might even get lucky with the timing of the release of some 3D resin cockpit details.

• 1 month later...

Now that the Kingfisher is in the cabinet - time to get stuck into the Growler.

Got the cockpit to a happy stage then spent about 4 hours today dry fitting the main fuselage parts until finally happy enough to start adding some glue, mainly superglue to ensure that things stayed aligned. A bit bare in the backseat so far. I had to split the front cockpit from the rear to make it fit properly with the front instrument panel within the instrument coaming so had to add a bit of plastic to fill the gap. Haven't painted that yet, no rush - the entire cockpit will be masked off shortly as painting of the fuselage begins.

DSCN2813-X2.jpg

One of my local hobby go-to's got the Aires burner cans and exhaust nozzles so in they went after some painting and fettling of the kit mounts to get them fit. The nozzles fit beautifully but will go on after the kit is painted. I just painted the cans black and added some dry brushed silver to bring out the great detail in the resin.

DSCN2816-X4.jpg

I had painted the kit intakes white and filled the seams nicely enough but when it came to masking off for the grey, I went 180 degrees and just sprayed the Grey then masked it off to respray the white on the intake trunking. Made the masking a lot easier.

DSCN2817-X2.jpg

And the end of the day's work - beer o'clock I reckon.

Nose in place and waiting for the glue to dry before doing the last bit of attaching - the horizontal line between the tape is not glued yet, vertical join at front is.

DSCN2818-X4.jpg

There are times when I wish I hadn't started this kit but hopefully the extra thought time to make things fit and the extra work will be worth it in the end.