My one and only completed build for 2020

Wolf Buddee

Tamiya's 1/6 Honda CRF 1000L Africa Twin.

One of the fastest builds I've done in years. I started the end of this August and finished the end of November. A typical Tamiya kit with amazing fit and lots of metal parts including the front fork tubes, lots of nuts and bolts, and bags of different coloured and sizes of screws.The kit comes with decals for two different colour schemes and masks to complete each scheme. I initially intended to build the Pearl White machine but switched to the Victory Red option part way through the build. The wheel rims should be semi-gloss black for the red scheme but the gold rims for the white option look very nice on the red bike too. The hand guards on the handle bars should be semi-gloss black for a red bike as well but seeing as I wanted to do the bike up as I'd want it I went with red for those instead. 

Other than adding some additional nut and bolt detail that was missing on the kit I did very little extra. I did, however, add the brake fluid level sight glass and it's bezel to the front brake master cylinder and scribed a line all the way around the top of the master cylinder to represent the lid. I also used thin strips of Tamiya's tape to represent the cable ties as per photos. The tape was permanently secured by very carefully applying extra thin CA and then painting the tape with Tamiya Rubber Black. No markings for the switches on the handle bar controls come with the kit so they were cobbled together from a number of different decals sheets. The white "START" letters for the starter button, for instance, were sourced from a 1/48 Phantom data stencil sheet and applied individually to get "START". The symbol on the horn button was made up of 4 separate pieces of decal. In 1/6th scale it didn't look right to have the buttons bare so the extra work was well worth the effort to me. The rear wheel drive chain is made up of individual links and is a Tamiya Detail-Up accessory for this kit. It's a big improvement on the kit supplied two piece chain.

Paint used was primarily Tamiya's spray lacquers decanted and applied with my airbrush. I also used quite a bit of Alclad Polished Aluminium and Chrome. 

Cheers,

Wolf

.........and Happy New Year to you all!

aWPWbGy.jpg

BLIfIu9.jpg

ubYH6ZK.jpg

pzP8Nky.jpg

WfFWraL.jpg

qSTuG4E.jpg

fDKBQe7.jpg

e0Unc5a.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

47 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Hi Wolf,

Regarding the image links, you'll need to catch up with the latest developments with the server software:

Kev

34 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

Wolf, in Imgur copy and past the direct link from Imgur to your post.  It's the second option from the top.

Hi Kevin and Ron,

Thanks for the help. I finally figured it out.........;). Wasn't there an ability to review the post before submitting before? I don't see it anymore.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

16 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

Great work Wolf! It looks like the real deal for sure.

Cheers,  Tom

13 minutes ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

1:1 scale, right?  ;)

Amazing work!

Damian

6 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Very nice!

Tom, Damian, and Gaz,

Thanks gentlemen! I wish it was real. I really enjoyed my bike when I had one. Now I'm quite content with my old MB SLK230. Almost as much fun but far more comfortable when it rains, LOL!

Yep, well if that doesn't look like the real thing, I dont know what does!

Absolutely brilliant Wolf!...Ive seen some of these Tamiya bike models done that look like the real deal, but this is just amazing.

Outstanding!

Cheer's,

Jeff.