Building The HK Models B-17 in 1/48 Scale

Bert Pijfers

9 hours ago, Bert Pijfers said:

all the sets where made for the HK kit. 

OK. I had no idea. If and when I ever get around to doing a 1:48 Fortress, I'll still opt for Master .50s, even though that may cost a small fortune. They're just too drop dead gorgeous not to use, at least as far as I am concerned.

4 hours ago, Bomber Command nut said:

Hello Bert

I am relatively new on this forum so I am still looking around at many builds.

I really like the detail you are putting in, it looks so good  . . .

I believe HK scaled down their 32nd B17 to the 48th and improved the area in front of the cockpit glazing . . .

I, and many others, are hoping they will scale down their 32nd Lancaster in the same way.

I look forward to seeing more of your build, the nearest I got to B17 is when I was in the 1988 film 'Memphsis Belle, filmed near me at RAF Binbrook, England.

Carry on the good work Bert

best regards

Ian

Thans Ian

1 minute ago, LSP_K2 said:

OK. I had no idea. If and when I ever get around to doing a 1:48 Fortress, I'll still opt for Master .50s, even though that may cost a small fortune. They're just too drop dead gorgeous not to use, at least as far as I am concerned.

I ageer,  I Will be using brass barrels for this build.  I Just thought of the fact that the kit is 1/3 of the Cost for all the stuf in Bought for this building. 

1 hour ago, Bert Pijfers said:

I ageer,  I Will be using brass barrels for this build.  I Just thought of the fact that the kit is 1/3 of the Cost for all the stuf in Bought for this building. 

Not altogether unusual really.

On 2/1/2021 at 5:38 PM, Bert Pijfers said:

working on the waist gun. Withna bit of painting and a Master barrel and some PE they will look great. Dont know how much of them will be seen trough the window.

Love the Eduard wooden ammoboxes

20210201-134604.jpg

20210201-164158.jpg

20210201-164208.jpg

i noticed the scope is on the underside of the gun. That wont do. So i put it on the other side now. Cant have guns mounted up side down