1/48 Tamiya Me-262 A1 "White 3"-Completed-07/08

mustang1989

Sorry for the absence fellas. LOTS of changes going on at work that directly affect me. Pretty frustrating but looks like there's some good stuff on the horizon for me in the next couple of months. Fingers crossed and hoping that things work out.

• mustang1989 changed the title to 1/48 Tamiya Me-262 A1-Back in Play 05/07

I really dislike being away from this forum for so long at a time as this is a truly great group of folks here. Lots of work drama going on right now and it had me all tore up for a while but I never stopped building as it was one of the things that was instrumental in me not loosin' my everlovin' mind. Gonna catch you all up on this build soon.

Edited by mustang1989

Alright gang....

Catching everyone up.

Black based.....after a BUNCH of body work. I know ....a Tamiya?? 

sCC8eF.jpg

Warble pattern applied....

ptJzOl.jpg

Filled in the panel lines with some black:

SRKvUO.jpg

RLM 76 applied to the bottom side:

Rb6z9g.jpg

Top side splinter camo coming together:

SRKvUO.jpg

Top side camo coming more together and tried my hand at the first attempt on the side mottling.......

aXsTjA.jpg

But didn't care for it much so I re-applied the RLM 76 and mottled again....there....that's more like it....

URCgMH.jpg

and that's where we are as of right now....:D

• mustang1989 changed the title to 1/48 Tamiya Me-262 A1-Caught up with updates-05/07
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/15/2021 at 11:00 PM, LSP_K2 said:

Decals. One of my favorite modeling tasks. Looking real spiffy, Joe.

Thanks Kevin!! 

Still in the throws with the bathroom renovation and performance upgrades to the truck. Too many things to do around the house as of late. lol 

I have NOT, however, been giving up bench time.

To catch up and to hopefully STAY caught up with not only this but checking out others builds on this site....

The rest of the decals...

po347sfoj

Bottom side washes and cals...

YOxCQU.jpg

Flat coat applied...

JFQe1O.jpg

and up her legs...

PTfL4k.jpg

This will most likely be my last update till she's finished which aint all that far away. Still got the canopy to paint and install, gun bay panels to open up, aerial antennae and last little details to install. She's now on her feet.

Edited by mustang1989

• mustang1989 changed the title to 1/48 Tamiya Me-262 A1-Last Update Till Completion-06/19
17 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Just catching up here Joe, and your jet is looking awesome! Is it Galland’s bird?

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom. Actually this is Franz Stigler's crate from JV44. There were a couple of paint schemes floating around for this one and I chose the 74/75/76 scheme as I really liked the look of it. 

Edited by mustang1989

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Wurzacher said:

The 3cm cannons and their feed look superb! Great skills on show here!

Thanks Thomas ol' buddy!! Good to see you here as well brother.

Just now, Gazzas said:

The 262 looks very sharp, Joe!  Can;t wait to see it completed.

Thanks Gazz. All I have left is the canopy and the aerial now and she's completed. I had no idea this one was going to take 6 months to complete. Sheesh!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Took today helped me to finally finish this bad boy. I'm pretty dang happy with most all of this build but I didn't like the way the windscreen assembly fit onto the fuselage and ended up removing it, sanding the fuselage and windscreen joints to get a better fit but that was about the only problem I had out of this awesome kit.

Anyhow.....after 6+ months here's the completed build.

s9zUmI.jpg

x598pw.jpg

v3reSM.jpg

SBYemn.jpg

dzg51c.jpg

50hejh.jpg

4OtzUW.jpg

msvLFK.jpg

Uc3wwW.jpg

RE05Zp.jpg

hVQvRo.jpg

5osA88.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

• mustang1989 changed the title to 1/48 Tamiya Me-262 A1 "White 3"-Completed-07/08

Thanks for the "like" D.B! 

Alright gang....I did manage to pop that windscreen assembly off and sand the bottom of it for a MUCH cleaner fit. I'll post updated pictures soon but I've had enough of photography and the editing of it for today. Will post some more pics soon.