LF Models Hs 129 decals

Kagemusha

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Very nice, that Romanian option is pretty cool.

NOPE! :) Avoid!

There is plenty of good info on Romanian aircraft now. There is actually a whole book dedicated entirely to Romanian Hs 129 written by Horia Stoica, Dan Antoniu and Radu Vasile (I translated it into English). There is no more excuse for poor research. 

The crosses in that decal sheet are hopelessly inaccurate and unusable. There is no black in the Romanian cross and there is no navy blue in the Romanian flag. The blue should be similar to the French Royal Blue. The type of cross included in this decal sheet looks vaguely like the cross used on the Bf 109 E. There were two distinct types of crosses used on Romanian Hs 129 and they are quite different from the crosses included in this decal sheet. Furthermore, all 6 crosses were the same size on the Romanian Hs 129, not two different sizes as included in this decal sheet. 

It took a 1-minute Google search to find this photo. Look at the the Ms in the cross - the angle of the "chevron" is 90 degrees, not the obtuse angle of the crosses on the decal sheet. The red circle of the cockade is thicker in the photo than the thin line included in the decal sheet. 

00844.jpg

Radu  

7 hours ago, Radub said:

NOPE! :) Avoid!

There is plenty of good info on Romanian aircraft now. There is actually a whole book dedicated entirely to Romanian Hs 129 written by Horia Stoica, Dan Antoniu and Radu Vasile (I translated it into English). There is no more excuse for poor research. 

The crosses in that decal sheet are hopelessly inaccurate and unusable. There is no black in the Romanian cross and there is no navy blue in the Romanian flag. The blue should be similar to the French Royal Blue. The type of cross included in this decal sheet looks vaguely like the cross used on the Bf 109 E. There were two distinct types of crosses used on Romanian Hs 129 and they are quite different from the crosses included in this decal sheet. Furthermore, all 6 crosses were the same size on the Romanian Hs 129, not two different sizes as included in this decal sheet. 

It took a 1-minute Google search to find this photo. Look at the the Ms in the cross - the angle of the "chevron" is 90 degrees, not the obtuse angle of the crosses on the decal sheet. The red circle of the cockade is thicker in the photo than the thin line included in the decal sheet. 

00844.jpg

Radu  

Radu, your sheet of Romanian Hs 129's is where to go for accurate Romanian markings.  IIRC, these markings are included along with 7 other options.

Edited by esarmstrong

33 minutes ago, esarmstrong said:

Radu, your sheet of Romanian Hs 129's is where to go for accurate Romanian markings.  IIRC, these markings are included along with 7 other options.

I have dedicated more than one decade to creating accurate Romanian decals especially because of this kind of shoddy work. In the past I supplied the correct artwork for Romanian markings, free of charge, to a number of decal or kit manufacturers. I also offered the correct artwork to some, again free of charge, and I was refused. :)

I am not sure about the status of the RB Productions 1/32 Hs 129 Romanian decals. The last time I checked in the spring of 2020 they were almost sold out. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

Got to agree with Radu, those decals look way off and the book Radu also speaks about is amazing, packed full of wonderful pictures of some very heavily used 129's

I used a set of spare AIMS Romanian national insignia for my build and used masks for the rest of the markings.

20201213_190141.jpg

Regards. Andy