What little known show that nobody watched do you miss terribly? (totally not stealing ideas from MPK)

rtwpsom2

I enjoyed some of the English whodunit, like Midsummer Murders and Endeavor. The one thing I hate about brit shows is the number of episodes that constitute a season- here, a show can have up to 20 episodes per season. In the UK, it seems to average about 5.

6 hours ago, BradG said:

Craig Mclaughlan was accused of sexual assault, but as he has been vindicated and found not guilty in court, I'd hope he gets his job back!

Found not guilty isn't a vindication, especially when the judge said the women's evidence was found to be truthful.

The burden of proof for a conviction is very high...in part to help avoid wrongful convictions. It does make it particularly hard for women to expect justice in sexual assault/rape cases where its ostensibly he said/she said. But it's the system we have for better or worse.

He'd be better off not saying much. I'm not sure he'll find it too easy to get work.

Some of these characters do have a reputation within the industry. The Adelaide salon incident of 2004...we'll never know.

My cousin is pretty famous within the industry. Not only is he a decent bloke but he never puts himself in a position where he could be accused of wrongdoing.

Matty

Secret Army - which was tense and edgy and got only 3 seasons , as opposed to Allo Allo which was t'merde and ran for nine , what were the BBC thinking ?

Sad to hear Mindhunter was cancelled that was a cracking show . 

39 minutes ago, Lee White said:

I enjoyed some of the English whodunit, like Midsummer Murders and Endeavor. The one thing I hate about brit shows is the number of episodes that constitute a season- here, a show can have up to 20 episodes per season. In the UK, it seems to average about 5.

FYI - I live in the village MM watchers will know as Badgers Drift , our local pub has been about 6 different pubs in the series over the years . We used to get tours coming around :P

16 hours ago, Theo said:

No Panic, No panic, Its on what it's called, No Panic. Its on You To Sir, Yes That it was. I think so at least.

I need to deliver sausages, but I keep looking for Nazi paratroopers, I have my bayonet ready, They don't like it Sir.

They  don't like to be poked in the butt, they don't like it Sir.

Was signed, Corporal Jack Jones

They don't like it up 'em!  (the only butt in England in those days was a water butt, used for holding........water!)

My own choice is Fawlty Towers......hugely funny and well acted but only 12 programmes were ever made.  Some comedy series went on for too long and became less and less funny, but Fawlty Towers is immortal for its brevity.

Edited by mozart

5 hours ago, Panzerwomble said:

Secret Army - which was tense and edgy and got only 3 seasons , as opposed to Allo Allo which was t'merde and ran for nine , what were the BBC thinking ?

Sad to hear Mindhunter was cancelled that was a cracking show . 

FYI - I live in the village MM watchers will know as Badgers Drift , our local pub has been about 6 different pubs in the series over the years . We used to get tours coming around :P

Wow, looked up the pub, it looks like something in a postcard. Very, very English.

6 minutes ago, Lee White said:

Wow, looked up the pub, it looks like something in a postcard. Very, very English.

He he , yes it's about as rural Oxfordshire as you can get , cricket on the green , no two houses the same and street lights are banned . Pub's struggling a bit with Covid , does a good meal, but sadly the landlady is not a warm welcome . 

Edited by Panzerwomble
spilling

10 hours ago, LSP_Matt said:

Found not guilty isn't a vindication, especially when the judge said the women's evidence was found to be truthful.

The burden of proof for a conviction is very high...in part to help avoid wrongful convictions. It does make it particularly hard for women to expect justice in sexual assault/rape cases where its ostensibly he said/she said. But it's the system we have for better or worse.

Matty

If being found not guilty isn't vindication, then I don't know what is. The burden of proof should be very high, call me old fashioned but I still believe that you need to prove someone guilty with evidence before convicting them. An accusation of wrongdoing is not anywhere near enough evidence and we have seen courts thankfully uphold that with cases against John Jarratt, Chris Gayle, McLaughlin and eventually George Pell. 

Edited by BradG

48 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Firefly.  That it was cancelled after one season is one of the worst crimes ever perpetrated on the SciFi watching public.

I said little known.  Everyone knows and misses Firefly.  Have you played The Outer Worlds?

18 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Foyles War was good. His son was a Spitfire pilot, right ?

I think British shows are the best. I miss the old Sherlock Holmes series.

Doc Martin, Last of the Summer Wine, old comedies from the '90s that were on

PBS here in the colonies..

Mike, Season 9 of Doc Martin is on Amazon Prime/Acorn. I mention it because I don’t believe that the episodes have made it to PBS yet.

-Moe

Wild at Heart was a neat Brit series I was sorry to see end.

Been re-watching Sliders. Good at the beginning, though the writers began ripping off other scifi plots as it went on: Star Trek, Alien, Tremors, Zombies; all things they borrowed from, but was still pretty interesting.