1/32 HK Models Lancaster B Mk.I Nose Art Kit RF128/ QB-V Victorious Virgin.

monthebiff

On 1/15/2021 at 2:09 AM, Uncarina said:

Andy, you are definitely allowing this kit to live up to its potential! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the forward position. I really wish someone made a decal for the forward escape hatch. The “parachute exit” sign is quite prominent.

Cheers,  Tom

Its definitely a fun kit when you get your teeth in to it Tom! I've been thinking about the foward escape hatch and getting the warning signs added,  I think I've found a suitable red decal sheet in 72nd scale of varying sizes to do the job. Hopefully it will work as I definitely want to incorporate this detail.

Regards.Andy 

On 1/15/2021 at 7:19 AM, MARU5137 said:

Andy.

Exceptional  work  and updates with clear neat job.

Good photos too.

:goodjob:  :clap2:   :bow:

Thank you Maru, pleased you are enjoying my lazy wingless Lanc build!

Regards.Andy 

On 1/15/2021 at 1:24 PM, Wackyracer said:

Hi Andy

Do you think this adjustment is a result of raising the pedestal? On your early post checking fit etc that side panel didn't look to be installed? 

Great work though and thoroughly enjoying your build.

Aaron

Evening Aaron,

You had me thinking there when I read your post as you are quite right in that the side panel wasn't in place during my first test fit of the Airscale panel but I have actually lowered the pilots pedestal and kept the instrument pedestal unchanged so the side panel does need some alterations. Hope that makes sense.

Regards.Andy 

A little more done today working on the bomb aimers/ bomb bay bulkhead. Looking at various pictures the glycol tank is a little bit on the skinny side so fabricated a new one and added various rivet and rib detail

20210116-205005.jpg

20210116-214029.jpg

Also working on the various panels in the nose at the moment and lots to do in this area.

Not sure if I will do it but pondering using some fibre optic lighting on this one and incorporate them in the scratched navigators and radio operators lights? 

Regards. Andy 

8 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Super detailing, Andy!

Kev

Thank you Kev, I dont think I would go to this effort if it was the full airframe but as its the fical point of all builds and with the rear section open I can't help myself and add more to the already excellent HK kit.

Regards. Andy 

2 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Excellent work.  Seeing these upgraded builds of the HK kit is just more pangs of regret that we won't get to see the WnW one that was packed with detail.  Keep up the great work

Matt 

You are so right about the WnW Lancaster Matt, spent ages drooling over probably the almost last test shot at Telford 2019 and it looked so damn good. I'm still holding out out hope it will appear somehow and from what we saw it would still be an amazing kit to build. Such a massive shame about the HP/100 and 400 as well.

Regards. Andy 

A start made on the port fuselage side walls, added the flare gun holder and firing port, Identification Light box and also remembered to blank of the windows around the navigators position. 

20210120-204949.jpg

20210121-210347.jpg

Also remembered to blank the starboard side over as well.

20210121-205230.jpg

Working my way through and enjoying adding as much extra detail as possible.

Regards.Andy 

Looks great.  I love how you add the connectors to the wiring.  It definitely adds to the realism of the kit.  It must be a PITA to line up and drill the little holes in the plastic to attach the wires to.  Do you have a method to this? Do you poke the center first with a pin or something, then drill?

Stay safe,

Chris

4 hours ago, Dadeo911 said:

Looks great.  I love how you add the connectors to the wiring.  It definitely adds to the realism of the kit.  It must be a PITA to line up and drill the little holes in the plastic to attach the wires to.  Do you have a method to this? Do you poke the center first with a pin or something, then drill?

Stay safe,

Chris

Not to bad to be honest once you are on a roll, Mark them out and then a couple of turns of the drill, check the position and go from there.

Regards.Andy 

Working through the port side and added the ground position indicator and switch box along with some cabling in the navigators position.

20210124-165601.jpg

With a bit of luck the interior will be finished this week and ready for some paint!

Regards. Andy 

After more dry fits I was finding the floor fit to the port fuselage half not so good and realised it was the pilots instrument panel causing the problem.

20210108-212048.jpg

So off it came and any damage repaired.

20210127-203120.jpg

20210127_203136.jpg

20210127_203246.jpg

The floor assembly fits really nicely in to the fuselage now so nasty surprises once paint is on!

Bomb sight computer added 

20210127_203151.jpg

Think I have a plan now for the camera bracketry installation so it can be installed in place and then the camera fitted after painting. 

Regards. Andy