1/32 HK Models Lancaster B Mk.I Nose Art Kit RF128/ QB-V Victorious Virgin.

monthebiff

5 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

Meticulous work as always Andy, and in case your kit didn’t include them I sent the bomb marking decals as well.

Cheers,  Tom

Really enjoying just focusing on just a cockpit knowing I've not got a massive airframe to also deal with!

Thank you so much for sending me your 424 Squadron spares from your build.

Regards.Andy 

Andy

I dont know if you are aware but on the starboard side of the cockpit there is no need for the ASI position so can I suggest you scrape it off and fill the hole ??

I'm impressed with your scratch building and additional detailing, I look forward to seeing more.

I obtained the David Brown tractor from Iconicair and the detailing is spot on, I scratch built the bomb trolleys  . . . .

DB-Tractor-bombs-1.jpg

Ian

Edited by Bomber Command nut

On 1/7/2021 at 10:59 AM, Bomber Command nut said:

Andy

I dont know if you are aware but on the starboard side of the cockpit there is no need for the ASI position so can I suggest you scrape it off and fill the hole ??

I'm impressed with your scratch building and additional detailing, I look forward to seeing more.

Thank you for looking in Ian and your kind  comments. Regarding the ASI, I wasn't aware of this and will have a look.

Regards. Andy 

Some more progress and decided to replicate the fairly rudimentary hinge on the rear bulkhead. I decided to use 5thou plastic card and then sanded it down some more before fitting followed by Archer riret decals to finish.

20210108-195653.jpg

Wiring added to the service panel after drilling location holes and then the assembly glued in to position.

20210108-211821.jpg

Also one for Tom as he mentioned to me I should improve the U/C lever which I missed so with some careful drilling I got to this and decided to leave it there before breaking something!

20210108-212048.jpg

Thinking thats the cockpit floor done now so working my way through the side panel details now.

Regards.Andy 

On 1/9/2021 at 9:49 AM, Bomber Command nut said:

Morning Andy

On the cockpit floor I am aware that they are covers for the bomb winches but have you info as to their actual location as I think I would like to add a couple or three  . . .

many thanks 

Ian

I believe there are are six in total and need to make a few more now, I have used various pictures I have and the WnW CAD images and gone from there. I won't add any that won't be seen through like the one under the pilots pedestal.

Regards. Andy 

On 1/9/2021 at 10:03 AM, geedubelyer said:

Hi Andy, neat work. 

The extra detail is sure to enhance the way this kit looks when complete. 

Quick question.....do you anneal your copper wire? 

Hopefully it will make the  detail worthwhile especially when viewed from the rear open fuselage. Sometimes I anneal my wire but depends what I'm doing but on this occasion no I didn't.

Regards. Andy 

Edited by monthebiff

Some more work done over the weekend detailing the starboard fuselage half. Added junction boxes next to the service panel as well as the fuel gauge panel for the flight engineer. All detailing added with plastic card and Airscale brass details.

20210111-195705.jpg

I then moved on to boxing in the front of the flight engineers side panel and running the wiring in.

20210109-155252.jpg

20210109-155148.jpg

20210109-204943.jpg

20210109-205225.jpg

20210111-203117.jpg

Just the bomb aimers position to detailing now and the onntonthe port side. Pretty happy with progress so far.

Regards.Andy