Lotus 98T A.Senna 1/12 Done

mark31

3 hours ago, machine_marty said:

Very nice, lovely clean build. I've been considering an MFH kit for some time and was wondering if they're worth the money/effort required. Your post kinda proves that they are :)

The are whort every euro

Just take your time when building and a lot off dryfit

All what you see is a few months off work

I'm halfway with the instructions

What kit are you thinking to get

Mark

1 hour ago, mark31 said:

The are whort every euro

Just take your time when building and a lot off dryfit

All what you see is a few months off work

I'm halfway with the instructions

What kit are you thinking to get

Mark

I had looked at pre-ordering the new Pocher Lotus F1 car, but have been put off by others as they have commented that it's not up to the quality of the MFH kits. 

As for MFH kits - the choice is amazing given the scale/price etc. The Porsche 956 is taking my fancy, but so are the Lotus F1 cars

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 12:32 PM, jenshb said:

The carbon fibre effect is excellent - are the decals printed to fit the surfaces or do you need to cut them to shape from templates?

the carbonis in the kit and are a match for the kit parts

All you see is from the box

Mark

• 1 month later...

A superb  build of a  beautiful racing car in a livery I loved , JPS or not!

Back in my wild youth I had a 1969 Austin Healy Sprite  painted(badly) in black , and one day I added about 30 feet of gold striping and a couple of JPS logos on the doors.. what a twerp I must have looked ,(yes the wheels were painted Gold as well) , but I didn't care it looked cool! - and this build is bringing back some memories!

Keep it up Mark I used to have quite a Senna Collection in the MiniChamps/Pauls Model Art collection of Diecasts. 1:18 and 1:12 and most of them again in 1:43. To this day I regret selling every last one of them, Senna was my idol growing up. But they went a long way to funding a deposit on my house. I look every now and again to see what they would cost to replace. Ouch, they were expensive at the time but now its astronomical.

17 hours ago, pg265 said:

Great build!

Pascal

16 hours ago, Scotsman said:

A superb  build of a  beautiful racing car in a livery I loved , JPS or not!

Back in my wild youth I had a 1969 Austin Healy Sprite  painted(badly) in black , and one day I added about 30 feet of gold striping and a couple of JPS logos on the doors.. what a twerp I must have looked ,(yes the wheels were painted Gold as well) , but I didn't care it looked cool! - and this build is bringing back some memories!

Yes its just great in black only hard to paint

16 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Keep it up Mark I used to have quite a Senna Collection in the MiniChamps/Pauls Model Art collection of Diecasts. 1:18 and 1:12 and most of them again in 1:43. To this day I regret selling every last one of them, Senna was my idol growing up. But they went a long way to funding a deposit on my house. I look every now and again to see what they would cost to replace. Ouch, they were expensive at the time but now its astronomical.

Thanks i had a mojor set back on the build with the engine

now doing some repairs and i hope to have a update at the end off the weekend

Andyes iff you look what the Senna stuff is going take a look at the tamiya MP4/6 1/12 the are going crazy prices

I have more Senna cars in stock but thats for later first trying to get this one done

15 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Mark,

SUPER  Looking Engine.   :wub:

And the brakes are very good  too.

Quite RESPLENDENT in black.

Sexy...

:thumbsup:   :bow:

Thanks

Mark