Bodenplatte duel build Spitfire IXc vs Fw 190 A-8

Wackyracer

Both builds primed and heading to paint.

jnhIWU8.jpg

Changed the 190 scheme though. Just really like the red white red band on jg6 and found rote 12 was shot down and pilot captured on 1st Jan 1945. Pic is just for reference. Theres very few photos that show the defence band let alone profiles but Bodenplatte book lists the aircraft and their fate so could find a plane with a similar outcome as the Polish spitfire.

8YpipD8.jpg

21 hours ago, Wackyracer said:

This one...

6EdUX1D.jpg

but the profile was from this one...

KMpC8FP.jpg

Hey Aaron thanks mate. I've got the Bodenplatte book just forgot I had it, haven't looked at anything Luftwaffe In my library for quite some time. That French? title looks interesting.

Cheers Bevan 

1 hour ago, Scale32 said:

Hey Aaron thanks mate. I've got the Bodenplatte book just forgot I had it, haven't looked at anything Luftwaffe In my library for quite some time. That French? title looks interesting.

Cheers Bevan 

Its OK, lots of profiles but somewhat gaudy representations. They catch the eye and send you off on a wild goose chase only to find there not half as different as you think.

Cheers Aaron 

Tamiya for the underside and ocean grey and mr paint for the dark green. Aluminium around damaged areas and cockpit walk first then ak worn effects and top coats.

xBM2F4t.jpg

q05hs5L.jpg

dHfDemA.jpg

SXH29DW.jpg

Question, what colour should  the flaps be internally or were they just aluminium?

eCzwGCC.jpg

Just went with aluminium at the moment as a base incase I need to chip and scratch them up.

Aaron