Tamiya (not a speculation thread)

D.B. Andrus

On 12/19/2020 at 4:07 PM, D.B. Andrus said:

Still thinking about it. Response to corrected 1/32 B-17 gear so far has been underwhelming.

Though I do not have this kit I would think that strong steel wheel struts would be mandatory. Problem is; how many modelers are buying the kit and actually building it? 

17 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I just checked the usual suspects, and all are out of stock on the Tomcat  F-14A kits. They must have sold "really" well.

The F-14 seems to be increadibly popular, look up on ebay F-14 build, run an advanced search on the sold listings.  People will pay quite a lot for a well built F-14 in 1/48.  I kind of think because of Top Gun still, this is a plane people love and want in their collection.   I have to qualify the above a bit, a few months ago, there were some really high end sales for built 1/48 f-14, now I am not seeing them, there are some nice builds out of Europe but I don:t know how long they have been up or sales price.  I was following some auctions on built f-14s that were going near 1,000.00 here in the US.  Non the less I think the F-14 has been a winner for Tamiya.  

Edited by cbk57

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Bravo52 said:

Has anyone gone back through the old “Tamiya speculation posts” to see who picked 1/48 “F-4B?  Asking for a friend. :hmmm:

I can guarantee you it was not me and a I have made more than my share of posts on those threads.  Typical Tamiya, they can be really unpredictable.