Tamiya (not a speculation thread)

D.B. Andrus

Well, only a couple of hours now until Tamiya make some people ecstatic, a lot of people pretty  happy, and a hell of a lot of people disappointed that they didn’t release the kit that the wanted, or if they did it’s the wrong version. Personally, unless they release a 1/32 scale Fairy Gannet AS.1 I’ll be inconsolable:D

14 minutes ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

Well, only a couple of hours now until Tamiya make some people ecstatic, a lot of people pretty  happy, and a hell of a lot of people disappointed that they didn’t release the kit that the wanted, or if they did it’s the wrong version. Personally, unless they release a 1/32 scale Fairy Gannet AS.1 I’ll be inconsolable:D

Shoot me an address, and I'll get you some anti-depressants.

2 hours ago, fastterry said:

Another kit in the AUD$170 range, along with the F-14 and ZM F-4E Kai. Cost as much as an LSP. I have the Academy kit, that will do me in this scale.

TRF

I hadn’t noticed the price of the Tamiya Tomcat, YIKES! From what being said around the traps, the Phantoms going to run to a similar price, and as I have no more organs to spare, I think I’ll have to give this one a miss. 

Well, it's not 1/32 scale, however, it is a new Tamiya kit (in 1/48 scale) of a much needed aircraft type!

https://www.tamiya.com/japan/featuredreleases_early2021.html

(I just noticed that carl had already mentioned this - apologies for the double post).

Derek

Edited by Derek B

30 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Ho hum 

Well it seems they are scaling down 1/32 stuff rather than the other way round. 

What’s their next aircraft kit? Good luck guessing that 

Thats a subject for another (100 or so) thread(s):D. I find them fun, some find them annoying, but as sure as a Politician will somehow turn a lie into the truth, into a pay rise,  those threads are gunna happen and I’ll be a willing participant 

36 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Ho hum 

Well it seems they are scaling down 1/32 stuff rather than the other way round. 

What’s their next aircraft kit? Good luck guessing that 

I wish that they did have a 1/32 scale F-4B to scale down! lol :)

Derek

25 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Except the belly part a single sprue could contain all the F-4B specific parts... if they ever considered a 1/32 F-4B with some mix and match of F-4C/D and F-4J sprues! :angry2:

If they ever considered tooling new centre-wing sections and other specific F-4B parts, they could re-issue their existing 1/32 F-4J kit with them.

Derek

Guess this could be the start of a series of Phantoms..if your an R/C enthusiast, i would think you would be happy. I kinda get the idea where static kits are on the Tamiya pecking order...would be interesting to see what the marking options are for the F-4, something other than VF-84?

Don