Tamiya (not a speculation thread)

D.B. Andrus

A new LSP release from Tamiya would certainly lift the spirits of many around here, after such a rubbish 2020. 

I'd be very happy with most of the suggestions here.  A Hurricane would be great, as would a P-51B, P-47D (I'd prefer a Razorback but I'd buy a bubbletop) and I'd love to see either (or both :thumbsup:) a 109 or 190.  I think a P-38 would literally fly off the shelves.  But I'd also like to see a P-40, preferably an N or a KI-61.  From left field, something Russian or Italian from WW2.

However, after so many years without anything new, I'm not feeling especially sanguine at that prospect.  Thankfully, I have some nice planes in my stash to be getting on with.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

29 minutes ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

However, after so many years without anything new, I'm not feeling especially sanguine at that prospect. 

I have learned that I am rarely disappointed if I have low enough expectations. In the case of Tamiya releasing a LSP any time soon I have very low expectations. 

3 hours ago, AlbertD said:

I have learned that I am rarely disappointed if I have low enough expectations. In the case of Tamiya releasing a LSP any time soon I have very low expectations. 

I suffer from that syndrome myself, I call it pessimistic optimism.

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

By the way, has any LSP company already announced 2021 new releases? It looks most if not all of them are silent.

Zoukei Murra has a lot of announced stuff in the pipeline, so I would expect a new release from them.  I am sure there are a few others out there as well though.

13 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Very probably but ZM announcements were 2018-2019 ones. There are other ones arriving such as the Special Hobby Whirlwind. What I was refering to is the NEW topics announced for release in 2021-2022.

Aside from some more limited items, not a lot, really, at least that I can recall.

• 4 weeks later...