Tamiya (not a speculation thread)

D.B. Andrus

Jennings, I am of the opinion that the HK gear for the 48th scale B-17 as provided depicts the oleos in full extension. This makes the stance for the plane incorrect on the ground. I can't say the same for the 32nd scale kit as I dont have it. I welcome other opinions as I could be wrong.

Mark Proulx

9 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Well, Nick, that raises the ante. Sounding better than earlier in the day.

Cheers,

Damian

No problem.

Just give me a nudge when you are ready (you have my email) with the amount and I will paypal you.

Season's greetings!

Nick

16 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

From Tamiya USA newsletter today:

New Product Announcements Coming Soon!
We have some exciting NEW product announcements coming. On January 25th we will begin unveiling what some of those new products are! Please make sure to follow us on our social media outlets for sneak peaks as well as announcements on our website news blog and newsletters.

Sorry but I don't get all excited about an announcement that you are going to release a few new kits in the immanent future. So what? I will get excited when l see exactly what these items are, not before.

Zzzzzzz

Well if there is going to be a LSP, this is the time frame I would think it would come.  They do their big announcements in the spring usually.  They usually do a large size kit.  I know they will have some new stuff that I will be happy about.  However who knows if we get a new lsp or not.  I could see it go either way but will be looking foreword to the news.

On 12/19/2020 at 5:10 PM, Mark P said:

Jennings, I am of the opinion that the HK gear for the 48th scale B-17 as provided depicts the oleos in full extension. This makes the stance for the plane incorrect on the ground. I can't say the same for the 32nd scale kit as I dont have it. I welcome other opinions as I could be wrong.

Mark Proulx

Does Eduards brass gear for the HK B-17 also have full extension on the oleo?

My prediction is Tamiya announcing a 1/32 Hurricane.