HMS Warspite

LSP_Ron

Last week I started this 1:350 Academy kit to kill the covid boredom during this lock down. Just finished the decks last night using scaledecks decking https://scaledecks.com/

They are nice but take a little work to fit as they are not a perfect drop in item likely due to them being thin wood and change with humidity.  They don't come with pre-applied sticky glue either, you have to brush wood glue on them first.  I had to cut the forward deck into three pieces as it was far too big of a section to do in one go.

6OvxTsg.jpg

rhTS083.jpg

LU92eJz.jpg

• LSP_Ron changed the title to HMS Warspite

Thanks guys,

Ships are a nice break K2,  this is number three this year for me.  I also did the Tamiya Missouri and Yamoto

I used to do the PE railings etc but it almost brought my HMS Hood to a grinding stop a few years back so I don't bother with PE anymore.  I just build for fun. I really enjoy the painting etc.

49 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

Thanks guys,

Ships are a nice break K2,  this is number three this year for me.  I also did the Tamiya Missouri and Yamoto

I used to do the PE railings etc but it almost brought my HMS Hood to a grinding stop a few years back so I don't bother with PE anymore.  I just build for fun. I really enjoy the painting etc.

I hear ya', Ron. I have a few ships and subs to get to one of these days, but as far as I remember, no battleships. With the newer 1:200 kits available, that's the way I'd really like to go for those, but for right now they're just too out of reach for me, price-wise.

14 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

a ship that's definitely "off the beaten path", at least for me.

Kev, of course it's off the beaten path, it's a ship, it's in the water.

Ron, your Warspite looks excellent, the wooden decks really add to the overall look.