Sad news - Eduard warehouse on fire

Trak-Tor

Mr. Sulc has posted a lengthy update on Facebook, and it sounds like things are going to be OK. However, the following passage stuck out to me:

Unfortunately, the plastic parts purchased externally are gone forever, so Delfins, for example, will not be there unless we make a new purchase. The same is the Tornado, which unfortunately is gone including pin up posters, or the Bf 108 in 1/32. However, the sprues for latter one are available from company in Prague, which can be purchased relatively easily.

So, it seems that stock of the Bf 108s is gone, and can only be replenished by purchasing them from an external supplier. If Eduard choose to do this (and I'm sure it won't be a priority), then the kit will eventually be available again. But they may not, and on that possibility alone, I've just ordered one after dithering about it since the kit was released.

Full post at the following link:

https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/4118250221523227

Kev

53aOn2.jpg

I picked this up to go with my ProfiPack. I love the scheme in the box art of the weekend. I ordered the undercarriage, L°°k I.P. and mask. I'll build the box art on the weekend along with the JG51 winter version 8n the Profi kit.

I also ordered 1/48 P-51 Mustang-5, P-51 wheels, P-51D exhaust, Spitfire Mk.1 exhaust, Mk.XIV wheels, mask, and Revell 1/32 Mk.II wheels.

Model budget blown. It's gonna be a quiet Xmas. Lots of ice cold orange juice, air conditioning and modelling while isolating. :D

Edited by mpk

I had a great experience with  Eduard over the summer. I ordered a complete set of PE for the Trumpeter USS Langley and it was shipped out  within a day or two. It never showed up. (Still hasn't for that matter.) I emailed Eduard to see if they could find out what happened to it, and they traced it to the transfer point to Canada. IT made it to a plane heading for Canada and there it  vanished into a black hole called Canada Post. I called Canada Post, where their reply basically amounted to "so sad, too bad, we can't track other nations  post. Tough chit." Eduard immediately sent another set. It arrived 9 days later. They have had a bunch of business from from me this year, both direct and via retailers. They will get a bunch more.

I'm currently building one of their 1/48 P-51s, and part A-50 was missing. It's one of the two inserts in the front of the wing that has the gun muzzles. It had probably fallen off the sprue and got swallowed by the carpet monster, but I contacted Eduard anyway, fully anticipating having to pay for a replacement.

But no, they sent me the sprue free of charge, which arrived in about 10 days - not bad considering the distance travelled.

I'm not sure you can give better customer service than that...