Revell, where are you?

Mark P

Giving in to my "spidey senses", I decided to search a FEW of the on line hobby shops for Revells 1/32nd scale German medium bombers (Ju 88, He 111). This after reading the posts here of people looking for their Me 262 and Fw 190 A. For the most part, I see that they are not available.

Begs the question...what is going on with Revell? COVID or some other factor? Or...both...

Anyone care to offer an opinion?

Fortunately, I have all these in my stash and was only searching out of curiosity, not to purchase.

Mark Proulx

Well Hasegawa is the same. I’m looking for a Fw 190D-9 which was of course until I wanted one, was probably one of the easier Hasegawa kits to get a hold of.  The Night Fighter 190A variant from Revell seems to be the harder of the 3 190’s they’ve released to track down, which of course you can build a straight A-8 from too.  The only Ju 88 I see available with any regularity is the light and sound version of the A-4. Then there’s the Dragon/Cyber Hobby 109s and 110s that are as rare as hens teeth right now. Naturally its because I want a 109E-4/7 and a 110D/E Nightfighter Combo kit.

Edited by ade rowlands

My LHS has both Revell FW kits in stock. 

https://www.wheelswingsestore.com/?target=search&mode=search&substring=Revell 1%2F32 fw&including=all

I haven't seen their Ju-88 in quite some time. 

The Dragon 110 is available in a Revell box currently and their 109 is also available in a HGW package. 

Carl

the bombers are hard to find and go for some crazy prices

the Ar196 is tough to get hold of too, but the 109s and 190s are there for as many as you want at cheap prices in UK

i have also seen the He162 go on ebay a few times for sub £40

but yeah, kind of given up on ever seeing anything new (and worthwhile) from them

i presume the guy who did the tooling for the bombers did succumb to cancer was it?

Edited by nmayhew

Remember Revell have a new team in charge it may take them a bit to sort the vast mould bank out but I don't think it will be to long as the old Revell were well into mould rotation.

Coupled with the current (problems) and lack of contact via shows it may take a bit of time.

Edited by Bob MDC
more information

I hadn't’  noticed the shortfall of kits lately, I wonder if it’s everywhere? We have a real problem getting paints and glues here right now. 
I did build 4 Ju 88’s (only one from the box, thanks Aimes)...still have an A4 in the stash I’ll probably never do