Wingnut Wings 1/32 Albatros D.V: Jasta 5 - Ltn Wolf

Whitey

Well the WnW decals went down very nicely indeed.

They all line up nicely and the very wrinkles easily came out. 

I was a bit concerned about them before I started but the result looks pretty damn good.

DSCN2777-X4.jpg

DSCN2778-X4.jpg

Now to let them dry properly and seal them tomorrow.

Edited by Whitey

2 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Very excellent work Pete, both thr interior and the Bavarian flag colors decals look exquisite.  Top shelf work! 

Ernest 

I am pleased that a Bavarian likes it. Thank you Ernest. Still lots to go though.

• 4 months later...

My Proper Plane Propeller, metal exhaust and turnbuckle attachments arrived this week for the Albatross, so straight into it I went.

Postage took a while due to Covid issues but Alex kept me well informed of the delivery timeline.  The parts are amazing and come in a well packed box that could be used as a display case.

Last night I attached the outer wing struts to the underside of the top wing and fuselage struts at both ends, and kept it nice and square while it dried using the WnW box as my guide.

DSCN2975%20(2)-XL.jpg

I've let them dry overnight and then attached the outer wing struts to the lower wing, again using the box as a guide this morning. 

DSCN2976-X5.jpg

She is starting to look like an Albatross.

DSCN2977-XL.jpg

The new (probably old by now but I only just found it) way to upload photos works really well. Just copy the address from my Smugmug site and post it in the article.

I've got some Gaspatch and Bob's Buckles' turnbuckles to add to the rigging. Holes are drilled and when the wings are dried and set properly in a couple of hours I will get into the rigging and get this pretty little beast closer to the finish line.

As they say at the footy: "It's all over bar the shouting."

Rigged with E Z Line, a few Gaspatch turnbuckles and Bob's Buckles eyelets, the WnW Albatros D.V is about to go into the cabinet.

I might make up a base with some grass matt to put her on but she has turned up mighty pretty.

IMG_5282-X2.jpg

Kit decals from my Jasta 5 Trilogy set, Gunze, SMS and MRP paints and some oils for a bit of dirt. I might rub back some of the oil to reduce the staining a bit though.

IMG_5288.JPG

Check out the rest of the pics in the RFI area.