Brexit & Shipping to the EU

vince14

Well I placed an order with Eduard as soon as the webstore opened up again, stuff for my Revell 190A and 190F. Even if I get taxed it will have been cheaper than ordering from here in the UK. I did compare the same stuff by putting the same items in a basket at Hannants but thanks to Eduard being cheaper anyway, plus my BFC Discount even if I get stung for 20% tax I'll still come out better off by £20.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:32 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

I don’t understand why, if the buyer is paying the postage, anyone refuses to sell abroad on eBay. It’s no skin off my nose as the seller either way.

In my case, I don't have a car. While my roommate has no issues with dropping something off at the P.O. he's most certainly not inclined to wait around while I fill out customs paperwork, which the local post offices require. The tiny "profits" realized after feepay listing fees, final value fees and then the PayPal slice, makes it not worthwhile to bother.

Interesting thread on Britmodeller, one possible way round it would be where in order to make a purchase you are required to become a member, the membership costing the same price as the order, shipping extra and only with tracking, the package can then be marked as a gift.

If I remember correctly in order to buy the DayGlo Models Fiat G.91 you had to become a member, think that was to get around copyright issues.

18 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

That's good to hear, I've been delaying buy stuff, did you pay EEC VAT? 

It’s not detailed separately on my invoice. But if you order direct from Eduard it shows the VAT on stuff in your cart per item. But I didn’t get stung for anything on this side of the Channel which is more important. The same basket from Hannants had they had everything I wanted would have been close to £30 more. Add my BFC Membership discount and its closer to £40 cheaper.  I duplicated what I had in my cart for this order for the most part to illustrate. Though I’m supposed to cutting back on aftermarket in my builds in the hopes of upping my pace and combat losing interest half way through!

50855531728_75e3034fe5_b.jpg

32 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Did the parcel have a customs label on it Ade? 

Nope. Just a small FedEx address label. Interestingly I’ve just arranged a FedEx delivery to the Girlfriend in Chicago via Parcel2Go. I had to declare the contents. Sign 3 documents and include 4 of the postage labels provided attached in an envelope on the front of the package. Nothing like that on my little box from Eduard. Just dug the Eduard box out of the recycling to check. Nothing on the label about tax or any breakdown as you get in say a package from HLJ. I don’t know what the threshold is now, I’ve read conflicting things. But total value plus postage was just over £100. Usually with FedEx though you get the money demand in a letter later on but there’s usually a tip off on the box to warn you. Maybe I got lucky. Last year I ordered 2 Tamiya kits from HLJ the 1/32 Zeroes. Each shipped separately because it was cheaper than 1 large box. Both shipped and arrived the same day at the local Post Office. Both totals the same. Stung for one, the other sailed through. 

4 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Though I’m supposed to cutting back on aftermarket in my builds in the hopes of upping my pace and combat losing interest half way through!

How's that working out for you? Just about every time I declare my full intention to be more disciplined, I immediately go out and violate that declaration, by buying something I don't really need right now.

14 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

How's that working out for you? Just about every time I declare my full intention to be more disciplined, I immediately go out and violate that declaration, by buying something I don't really need right now.

Well if you take a look at the screengrab of my Eduard Order I posted Kev you'll see how thats going. Oh so so so well. But in my defence the stash has been cut right down to 9 kits. 2 of which are on the block for disposal in the for sale forums. 

20 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

SprueBros is stopping orders to Europe as well.

Matt 

Jake Melampy has for now too. Which is a shame as he has a new 1/32 F-16 decal sheet in the works with some nice looking options. I guess I will be getting a lot of 'gifts' sent by the Girlfriend in Chicago now. Damn she's a lucky girl.