32nd Spitfire Vb

Phartycr0c

10 hours ago, mpk said:

Where did you order the canopy? I have this build going and haven't even looked at the canopy. It was going to come as a rude shock.

Thanks.

I had to order the conversion set direct from HPH. They are showing as being in stock. 

Thanks all for the pointers. Hopefully before I get to the Mk V i have the Tamiya offerings of both the MK Viii and iX to contend with if covid doesnt stop Father Christmas attending my house. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Nighthawk Calling 1 said:

How much work is there in updating the Revell markii to a markv, is it gun barrels and blisters prop and spinner, or are there other issues, the airframe should be unchanged. 

That depends a little if it's about a Vb or Vc.

I had a quick look into my Valiant book.

The Vc had a different windscreen (armoured panel on the inside) and the undecarriage had a different rake (like the Mk.IX),

Oil cooler and radiator should be bigger repectively deeper on the Vc than on the Vb (the Revell radiator is a joke anyway).

Both Mk.V versions used the clown canopy - I'm not a 100% sure what Revell supplies in the Mk.II box. At last the exhaust stacks can be of the fishtail type or even the later ones seen on Mk.VIII and IX Spitfires.