1/48 Trumpeter MiG-3 two day build challenge

mpk

On 12/22/2020 at 9:47 PM, Panzerwomble said:

"Speed building !" I like it Dale . Good going on the Mig 3 , and what do you think about the Mig 23 ? I fancied one of these in 1/48 but was unsure of the reviews given it's not cheap as chips anymore . Woth buying in your opinion ?

This MiG 23 is actually really nice. I cut off the kit nose and fitted a Metallic details (new company, I think this is the name) nose. The MiG looks great with a correct nose. 

I just took a photo. 

uXgyZ6.jpg

5eeEHQ.jpg

Above is a line up of builds I hope to complete over Xmas. The MiG 3 will lead that charge. The Fw-200 awaits new control surfaces. One of my tool cases tipped over and the 200 flew through the air. Happily the only damage was an elevator, which I can't find. I ordered one on eBay.

My jobs were a present for my Friend, Samir. I was building him two large models but he hasn't the space. So I gave him a Tamiya T-34. I will give him a MiG 29 at a later date.

I have one urgent job, a 1/32 Spitfire. Another birthday for a British friend. I began 3 Spitfires, Revell IX, Hobby boss V, Tamiya VIII. I learned the HB requires a canopy, the IX Revell didn't move me, and a spasm in my right hand broke a part. I put it carefully away.

So yesterday I began the Revell II. It's flying together. I have all I need, new spinner and propeller, markings, camo mask, wheels etc.

I awoke at 5.45 am and got to work. It's 8.05 am. My desk now.

z5EWCe.jpg

mmmmm nice Cheburashka....with an extra big nose :)

I built the Airfix 1/72 one back in the 1980's quite fancy a nostalgia build . 

I also built the Revell Spit II last year , not that I'm any expert ,but it built up ok for me ,only bit of difficulty closing the fuse but was happy with the result .  

So it's 0833 in Sydney, 2150 in the UK , I'll be back at 0800 my time  , and will expect to see it done :ph34r: Go Dale Go !!!!! 

• 4 weeks later...

It's here now.

The decals are from the HADmodels range. Having now experienced them, I am so glad I have other sets. These decals are amazing. The best in my limited experience. 

Tomorrow I hope to complete the MiG.

My Russian friend Samir, tells me the slogan says "For Stalin."

jDJccq.jpg

rlouN6.jpg

1y2GV9.jpg

Edited by mpk

1 hour ago, Gazzas said:

Looks great, Dale!

Thanks Gazza. I glued the legs on today. I spent the rest of the day on the spitfire IX.

I changed from the VIII to the IX. I'll give the Tamiya to my friend. The Revell spitfires sadly leave me cold. I'll complete them eventually.