D558 Skystreak Jetmads

X15

Wow, what a build! I have bought two copies of this kit last year, I've started one but had to pause due to business travels. I am planning to paint the first one in white "142" with red wingtip tanks and the second one in red.

Your "Crimson tube" will be a cracking one for sure, the landing gear well and the cockpit look great :goodjob::goodjob: 

Thank you very much to all for your comments !!!

Really happy you enjoyed this building. This is the beginning of the paint and the first coat of the pink primer !! need to sand it, correct the default and again and again before the paint !! Smallest part need less attention cause the surface is nice.

X15

15476510.jpg

15480810.jpg

15496110.jpg

Edited by X15

Very nice. Sanding is no surprise when it comes to a resin kit and I take that as a part of the hobby. What matters is the result achieved after and your build is a top notch one.

The landing gear doors are all red, as far as I know with the red Skystreak, but am I wrong to think that you are planning to paint the main gear wells with red as well, considering the pink primer? Are you sure they are not zinc-chromate?

13 minutes ago, JMcD said:

Very nice. Sanding is no surprise when it comes to a resin kit and I take that as a part of the hobby. What matters is the result achieved after and your build is a top notch one.

The landing gear doors are all red, as far as I know with the red Skystreak, but am I wrong to think that you are planning to paint the main gear wells with red as well, considering the pink primer? Are you sure they are not zinc-chromate?

Thanks a lot JMcD !! Yes landing gear doors are all red on the 2 side and yes i will paint the main gear wells in zinc chromate, i will do that after the "red" paint !! 

X15