PCM Focke Wulf FW 190 A-1/A-2/A-3

Gazzas

17 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Thank you, Michael!  I could be wrong about the colors used.  But I also blame the profile artists who have churned out so many grey profiles.  As far as I'm concerned, the Fw's were painted with the same paints as the 109's and everything else.  But finding a FW not in the factory scheme was a great opportunity.

It's my understanding that very early 190's that operated on the Channel front in 1941 would have been painted in just such a colour scheme.  The 50 shades of grey schemes would be more appropriate for the Russian front, which is where most of these planes operated, as the engine worked best at medium altitudes.

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, mywifehatesmodels said:

The whole thing is Sweet! I love your color choice on the wings! :thumbsup: This was a great build to watch.

John

Thank you, John!

• 3 weeks later...

that is great. I've 2xpcm fw190s in the stash and will use your build as a reference. I've 6x other 190s/152s, and the earliest I have is a a5 - so I need to get them done.... The colors look 'natural' and feel they could be right - there was a picture here of 3xfw190 with so many variations, who knows (the wing crosses we're completely in different locations)... I love ww2 Germans, as while they had 'standards' like the English/US,  but then had random stuff to add interest over the top !! (ta152 tail on d9 etc) - and it help that the fw190 is one sexy bird.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:17 PM, TonyDrake said:

that is great. I've 2xpcm fw190s in the stash and will use your build as a reference. I've 6x other 190s/152s, and the earliest I have is a a5 - so I need to get them done.... The colors look 'natural' and feel they could be right - there was a picture here of 3xfw190 with so many variations, who knows (the wing crosses we're completely in different locations)... I love ww2 Germans, as while they had 'standards' like the English/US,  but then had random stuff to add interest over the top !! (ta152 tail on d9 etc) - and it help that the fw190 is one sexy bird.

Thank you!  I hope you enjoy your builds.  I look forward to seeing them.

45 minutes ago, dmthamade said:

Great build, in colors not seen often if ever on a 190. Can't remember the last time i saw a early 190 build.:thumbsup:

Don

Thanks, Don!  Unfortunately for us, too many kit mfg'rs ignore the early marks.

• 2 years later...
On 2/18/2021 at 10:27 AM, Gazzas said:

The only another annoyance...  huge annoyance, perhaps is the in landing gear covers.  On the A-0 and A1, they stayed open when the LG were down.     

Hi Gazzas

I don't want to question what you're saying but when looking at different period pictures it is difficult to confirm. It looks like this was for pre production or prototypes batch not for production series when delivered in JG. Are you sure with that as I've not found something clear about. Thanks a lot.

54 minutes ago, rafju said:

Hi Gazzas

I don't want to question what you're saying but when looking at different period pictures it is difficult to confirm. It looks like this was for pre production or prototypes batch not for production series when delivered in JG. Are you sure with that as I've not found something clear about. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for writing.  If you notice the supercharger fairing on the nearest machine, you'll clearly see that it is an A-0.

b9RBni.jpg

Also the A-1 behind it has open doors as well.  As for being correct...   I can only quote the sources I used to build the model...  And I can't even remember who they were.