Check out this bloke's stash

mpk

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Check out this bloke's stash

A decade or so ago, there was an estate sale here in NC where the guy had over 10,000 kits, plus loads of after market and decals. It seemed like most of the kits included some kind of aftermarket bits inside. They rented a building to hold the sale. There were several piles of 1/48 Hasegawa F-4 kits stacked to the high ceiling and multiples of lots of old kits that at the time we’re going for stupid amounts of money on eBay. I remember counting six Monogram Visible B-17Gs that were selling for >$100 on eBay at the time. You’d probably have to go to Sprue Bros. or Hannants’ warehouses to see that many kits in one place.

Ben

1 hour ago, Ben Brown said:

A decade or so ago, there was an estate sale here in NC where the guy had over 10,000 kits, plus loads of after market and decals. It seemed like most of the kits included some kind of aftermarket bits inside. They rented a building to hold the sale. There were several piles of 1/48 Hasegawa F-4 kits stacked to the high ceiling and multiples of lots of old kits that at the time we’re going for stupid amounts of money on eBay. I remember counting six Monogram Visible B-17Gs that were selling for >$100 on eBay at the time. You’d probably have to go to Sprue Bros. or Hannants’ warehouses to see that many kits in one place.

Ben

I remember that sale!  Tried to buy some of the kits from a member that was selling them.  Sadly it fell through.  :crying::crying: