Fokker DR 1 - 1/24 Merit/I❤Kit

artoor_k

Hello!

Due to fiasco of  1/28 Revell Dr1 (sink marks on every part including M-G's and unavailable AM sets) and because my wife just loves red Fokker I'm going through terra incognita (building more-than-one-wing airplanes) again. This time with new Fokker.

Cf3h0Ut.jpg

Now I'm trying to paint plywood with oils on piece of styrene. I'll begin with Fokker ASAP.

• 3 months later...

Time to get back to work...

In kit there is Clerget engine. I know that some DR.1's used Clergets with Camel props. But again, in kit there is DR.1 prop. Because making new propeller is totally impossible for me now I'll leave as it is. Only thing I did for engine was making wires to sparkplugs.

bFiUKKf.jpg?1gi6Oby4.jpg?1

Seat was painted aluminium after some research. I tried to make an imitation of wrinkled leather.

iWJcPa3.jpg?1

Last thing - six pieces of wood to upgrade inside surfaces of fuselage sidewalls.jpJrr9o.jpg?1

Edited by artoor_k

dxV2X0S.jpg?1

It's a mixture of things. At the back is an ammunition box (aluminium?), the front surface is the instrument panel (wood) with the starting magneto bottom left (black with a silver handle), above that the ignition switch (silver). Bottom is a gauge (pressure?), on the right is the manual air pump to pressurise the tank for starting (black with brass ends and handle). The other two round things are probably gauges , the long thin rectangles are labels (brass?). I don't recognise the rectangle, bottom right

Richard

Edited by RLWP

6 hours ago, RLWP said:

dxV2X0S.jpg?1

It's a mixture of things. At the back is an ammunition box (aluminium?), the front surface is the instrument panel (wood) with the starting magneto bottom left (black with a silver handle), above that the ignition switch (silver). Bottom is a gauge (pressure?), on the right is the manual air pump to pressurise the tank for starting (black with brass ends and handle). The other two round things are probably gauges , the long thin rectangles are labels (brass?). I don't recognise the rectangle, bottom right

Richard

Thanks :) Now I know that I can't glue it. This is part from D.VII, not DR.1. In  Dr.1 there was only flat surface of ammo box. Luckily piece of styrene will correct this error :)