Your airbrush and why you like/love it/them. Tell us why.

mpk

Here is my list of airbrushes I own.

H&S Infinity 2 in 1.

H&S Silverline.

Badger Sotar.

Iwata HP-B

Iwata HP-C

Iwata Custom Micron.

Recently I began using my Iwata Custom Micron. I'd not used it because it was so beautiful. I hated to dirty it.

Since I began using the Custom Micron I have fallen head over heels in love. It is simply the favoriye airbrush I own. The smooth action is exquisite. 

How about you?

Edited by mpk

I have 3 and one in the mail

Badger Patriot (great all around)

Badger Sotar 2020 amazing detail

Badger Krome (lest favorite) 

The patriot is my work horse but i really love my sotar, love how it feels in my hands and is really easy to clean. 

When Badger announced that they where making a new Hight capacity sotar i told myself i had to have one. I tought the Krome was going to be the one but i dont like the balance in my hand and the fact that you have to unscrew the back to get the needle out

So i have a Sotar V in the mail, and i cannot wait to try it

H&S Infinity 2 and 1

H&S Infinity Evolution

(both with .15, .2 and .4 needle/noozles) 

Grex RG3 w/.5 and .7 needle/noozles 

The Infinity is my "go to" airbrush and I use it probably 85% of the time.  The Evolution is a backup and very rarely used.  The Grex is used for larger spray jobs.  I like the feel and functionality of the Infinity and it works great.  The Grex is also a good product that is very comfortable for longer spraying sessions and it also functions quite nicely. 

Ernest 

Numerous generic chinese ones, used them for a while and then buy another . Mrs PW bought me an Iwata neo last Xmas, which has been the go to this year. I like it because it has a small and a large cup ...the large cup never gets used. Personally believe that good spray painting/ air brushing is 90% air / paint mix and 10% gun . 

I have 2 at the moment. 

A H&S Infinity CR and a Badger Renegade Krome.

The Badger is my workhorse and covers most paint jobs I do, but the H&S is a thing of beauty, and I love it’s finesse at doing really fine detail work. 
I have my soft spot for the Badger though, it’s a tough old boot that’s even had parts stuck on with Gorilla glue and it’s still spraying. 

Iwata HP CH Plus and Custom Mi ron, the HP-CH is years old now and taken plenty of abuse over the years but still going strong!

An airbrush is only as good as its air supply generally and since I changed to a Sil Air with a nice big tank on it I'm getting much better results. 

Regards. Andy 

When I got back to modelling ten years ago, I bought a H&S Evolution 2-in-1.
Three months ago, I bought a Chinese no-name Iwata clone on eBay. As it only costs 25 euros p&p included, I did it as a joke. Well, the joke was on me as I quickly retired the H&S and replaced it with the cheap clone. 

I was so pleased with it that I recently decided to up my game to 100 euros :P and bought a YUN-MO high precision airbrush marketed by Meng.

I’ve owned dozens of airbrushes when I worked as an illustrator and airbrush instructor in the last century. Believe me when I say that we never had it so good.  Airbrushes nowadays are much better and sooo much cheaper. All one needs is some experience in maintenance (cleaning) and fine-tuning one’s tool. Just like everything else! ;)

Cheers,

Quang

4 iwata brushes 2 badgers, worn the chrome off my favourite Iwata CR where my thumb and forefinger rest and there’s a high water mark in the color cup where I’ve worn off the chrome right down to the brass, (mixing paint in the cup) never use either one of the Badgers anymore