ME-262

phantom

10 hours ago, Palm-tree said:

Nice work there on yellow three- did you do the tail by airbrushing around paper templates?

Sorry if I missed the explanation in an earlier post.

I am building the illusive Revell Me-262. A nice kit although the nose panels need a bit of sanding and puttywork to blend everything in.

Somebody mentioned the word slats earlier....what about them.... can you elaborate?

they were vinyl templates  it hink from montex or it might have been cutting edge? This has been on the work bench for a few years  work got in the way and when I retired I had so many honey doos to catch up on also I was painting something on the model and my   fluorescent light in the spray booth fell on the  starboard wing dislodging the  engine which I  had spent a long time blending in sigh  that  made it sit for a while before I fixed it.  I Have had more progress in the last  4  months  then in the last few years it is almost at the finishing line.    I have to  seal the decals with clear and I am going to use a semi gloss satin with areas of flat.  I am  also waiting on the D/l  antenna from trumpeter I launched mine into the  room.  I made a replacement but trump said they would send me one( holding my breath).  I had a good time building yellow  3 was really beat up bird.  I   did a random   primer coat then have  used those random spray pattern to age the crap out it the pictures do not do it justice.    all the markings except the warning decals are painted on as well

Edited by dashotgun

latest update  all that is left to be  done is attaching the remainder of the canopy and doing  the small bits antennas underneath the pitot and the amin  radio antenna.  Since I did  not plan ahead drilling a hole in the  edge of the rear stabilzer is going to be  very hard without ruining it I am planning to drill a horizontal hole then use really fine wire to glueto a  drilledout piece of hollow tubing which the radio antenna will attach to.  I was going to use ez line but the .006 actually looks to thick and I have very fine copper wire t I will use instead.  The macro picture do show every fault with regual vision it is much better.  The painting process was  to lay down a prime coat of white speckled  liberally with black then  a varied not even coat of the  rlm 82 . then the usual treatment with  watercolor ink  acrylic  fluids and  also some pastels and pencils.  

p4095681936-6.jpg

p4095681937-6.jpg

p4095681937-6.jpg

p4095681943-6.jpg

p4095681938-6.jpg

p4095681934-6.jpg

p4095681939-6.jpg

p4095681950-5.jpg

Edited by dashotgun

p4095681943-4.jpg

p4095681949-5.jpg

this is the mome made replacement for the loop antenna sculpy and heavy foil  one of our members has graciously offered a replacement kit part so this will get white glued till it arrives the loop on the rear canopy is  the attachment point for the radio antenna.  btw tried AKI satin finish over testors  areas of  tamiya gloss and  testors dull coat   sprayed nicely  using mr color   retarding   thinner.  these are all taken with my phone when done will do some proper picture with my    canon and   macro lens with proper lighting

Edited by dashotgun

the model was nice not to much fighting with it I did not super detail it nor  replace the cockpit a lot of frustration  there in the past.  The engine nacelles  were the biggest ill fitting part   as stated I was able to easily fix the   mounting point but it got wrecked on the starboard side.  The engines them selves had shelves at the  joints   what can  you do I have been building this over several years as  time permitted.   Now retired and will be more productive i think the time off of modeling has renewed my interest.  Thanks for looking will complete this and  post here as well as in the completed section.  I have an easy project in mind for next a 1/32 kettenkrad  from ZM

I have made progress  this week   except for the  main canopy and  the d/l antenna( being replaced by a donation from Mike Swinburn thanks) all is done.  Once those bits are on will take a few quickshots and   post also on the completed section