F-4J VMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - FINISHED

Cicciuzzo

On 6/29/2021 at 3:57 PM, ziggyfoos said:

excellent progress, especially impressive for using those kit intakes

PS. next title edit you may wish to correct the "WMFA" typo

Oops,  what a shame; I'll correct that right away. Sorry:o

Good evening guys. Small update on the work. I've started inserting the AoA stencils on the bottom. In the meantime I show you the pictures of the speed brakes.  After the red coloring, I brushed matt clear in different parts of the piece; it formed a white patina that simulates the wear of the component. Then I added with dark metal some peeling. We will follow the washings to complete

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-30 at 16.54.00

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-30 at 16.54.00(1)

the pieces are polished for washing and then matt clear.

I hope you like the work, thanks ;)

Edited by Cicciuzzo

• Cicciuzzo changed the title to F-4J VMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - SPEED BRAKES

Good morning folks, small update.
With declas sheet and inkjet printer I created the decals with the "blue stripe + stars" present in the drift and on the wings because in the Phantom J version it was different from the B version without stars. In fact the AoA decals sheet dedicated to the B versions does not include this detail. The links of the images can help to understand better:
...with stars for the J version
http://nabe3saviation.web.fc2.com/aF42un.html

...without stars B version
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:F-4B_Phantom_VMFA-115_over_Vietnam_1971.JPG

This is the result of the work done; the difficulty was to be able to print a strip with stars 2mm wide but the printer did its job well.

j8dwiJSp58StKQYwwSaLjsu3DQaNvkUMaz2GH4eQ

6x1sY9JEqwpJYNAfDpH7ZDCRoOeXmDrZXw3Ob5tQ

Thanks guys and, as usual, any comments are welcome!

Edited by Cicciuzzo

• Cicciuzzo changed the title to F-4J VMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - HOME MADE DECALS RESULT
  • 2 weeks later...

Good evening guys and thanks to all for the interventions. Model decaled and ready for the final washes.
All the numbers you see have been cannibalized from the AoA sheet ;) I will not hide a little fear in applying the silver eagle with the rudder skidded ... but it went well.

decals

deriva

Some grime on the engine part. The gray washes on the white parts seem well balanced to me; then "bruno van dik" and "terra di siena" oils for the rest of the dirt. I remember spraying some clear green in addition to the various primers earlier.

whatering

Finished model preview

fine

Well, the model is finished and you can find it in "ready for inspection".

Thank you all for your comments!

• Cicciuzzo changed the title to F-4J VMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - FINISHED