F-4J VMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - FINISHED

Cicciuzzo

• Cicciuzzo changed the title to F-4J WMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - QUESTION...WHITE OR INSIGNIA WHITE? HELP ME!
6 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Topsides:       Light Gull Gray 36440 (matte)

Undersides:   Insignia White 17875 (glossy)

HTH

Damian

Do you confirm that the landing gears and compartments are also in Insignia White? Thank's my friend

• Cicciuzzo changed the title to F-4J WMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - 1^ PAINTING

Good afternoon guys. Today I painted the bottom of the fuselage. In the end, among the various shades of white, gray and brown, the black was covered for 80% so the white FS17875 covered the surface very well. Several shades have disappeared but I imagined it even if in some areas I let them glimpse. Photographing the white color with the mobile phone is very difficult but from the images I would say that it's fine. Tonight I complete the other accessories and then I pass a nice microfiber cloth to "clean" it from lint and tomorrow I spray the gray of the upper part.

F-4J parte inferiore (2)

F-4J parte inferiore (1)

Well friends, see you at the next update ... and thanks for your prayers! :lol::lol::bow:

• Cicciuzzo changed the title to F-4J WMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - 2^ PAINTING FS17875

Good morning friends of LSP. Yesterday I gave the 36440 gray color on the top. The effect obtained seems to me excellent even if I still intend to intervene.
It was not easy to align the anti-reflective part but with a little patience I managed to balance the lines.
The next intervention is the metal area.

8LUMLHLrnWcrBhNQtAVxReif2xJ4wVUlTYNJrmeZ

653JZGiqrUKwbDUIOgvLOWcrT56CD3y97Fs2vyUz

PoS1GH0YCxcIYGIBIOkHZ770JwdEFVoDdt0EoCtF

OSVTzm9dyBi2C5Y9EKx5w1xgV501vO2gDiNOezIo

Thank you ;)

• Cicciuzzo changed the title to F-4J WMFA-115 "Silver Eagle" - 1/32 Tamiya - 3^ PAINTING FS36440 whit ANTI-REFLECTIVE

Good morning picciotti; so great is the beast so long is the road. Meanwhile yesterday, after making yet another stock of modeling material, I sprayed some "smoke" on the underside here and there for the model.
Retouching, various additions and final washes aside, the work is starting to get interesting! :wub:

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 08.24.29

I hope you enjoy the work done so far :bow:

2 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Great progress.  Getting those anti-glare panels equal has to be one of the hardest challenges in modeling.

Matt 

You're right Matt. The difficulty was to "align" the two lines of the left and right anti-reflection panel and to make them match perfectly at the tip of the radome without being "misaligned"

Thanks ;)