1/32 ProModeler (Hasegawa) Messerschmitt Bf109 G-4 Trop (Schwarze 1, Oblt. Franz Schiess)

Azor

Hello there! This is the "good old" Hasegawa in ProModeler (Monogram) boxing, released in the early 2000s. Overall a great kit, built with some add ons like MDC trop filter, brass pitot tube. Uschi filament for the antenna and small plastic/metal bits to improve the appearance of this well known Gustav.
Painted with Model Master enamels (RLM 78/79/80), clear coated with acrylic Mr. Color matt and gloss varnishes. Decals from the box. National emblems, A/C number and tactical markings masked and sprayed accordingly.
Hope you like it! It's my first finished model in one and a half decade!
Cheers from Chile!
Oscar

StjU7NA.jpg

1ByGDRR.jpg

fKTgOqZ.jpg

knyg8pX.jpg

07D2he9.jpg

UAMJc7L.jpg

kTdvKk6.jpg

vLQMxGo.jpg

DQMm4Vz.jpg

YgAnuna.jpg

7nbDhHA.jpg

16 hours ago, James Rademaker said:

Oscar, fantastic build, I really like the camo scheme you picked out. Coincidentally, I’m working on the exact model as I write this post. I haven’t decided which camo I’ll use, but you did a great job on your build.

Jim

Thanks James! I really enjoyed the time I spent building/painting/weathering this kit. It looks very smart when done and I've really found no tricky parts or stages. It was really fun. 
As for the chosen scheme, Schiess aircraft caught my eye since the very first moment. Besides it was painted in tropical colors, it also had some very unusual features for the G-4 variant: the spoked rims with large diameter wheels (and consequently the bulges over the wings), the Galland panzer armour behind the pilots head, the transition camouflage (RLM 80 olivegrun over the regular 78/79 desert camo).
Fortunately it turned out very good and I'm very happy with the results.
Thanks again for your kind words.
Oscar