1/32 C-21A Learjet 35

Out2gtcha

23 hours ago, Oldbaldguy said:

If the original Lear was a Hughes design then why was it named after the guy who invented the 8-track?  I thought the wings and tail came from a failed indigenous Swiss fighter design that Lear bought the rights to and turned into the first biz jet or something more or less along those lines.  Hughes modded Lockheed Lodestars into biz planes but nobody on the planet would ever mistake a Lodestar for a Learjet.  Did I get all that right?  Sometimes I confuse even myself.

well, that's where the confusion probably got to my assumption, as somewhere in the past, digging thru some aeronautical information i took it to be Hughes' design to have this Learjet originate, but then ofcourse lateron  "brand" names differentiated i assumed.

Just like the OH6 helo, called Hughes at first, changed names......

On 12/7/2020 at 6:00 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Me too!

how do you model in 1/18th scale the smell of vomit, sweat, and fear though?

meh. I’ll figure it out

Cheers 

Pete

I figure that I’ll solve that problem by building one in 1/3 scale, putting a couple of turbines in it, and then I’m  sure I can provide all of the necessary vomit, sweat and fear just prior to it’s maiden.

3 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Go back and read the threads on his stuff.  It's there.

Not here, it's not. I've just been through every post on all 6 pages of the thread here for Neil's project, and there's nothing about delays due to family issues. If it's somewhere else on the Internet, then it's not my responsibility to seek that out; that information needs to come to me, and from the source. Anyway, this really isn't the thread to be debating this, and I'm staying with my order because I'm not worried about not receiving it, just frustrated by the lack of communication.

Kev

38 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Okay, you win.  I made it up.  

Jesus, give it a rest okay?  Get over it.  Neil is a human being, and human beings have lives outside of your web site.

You're on shaky ground, pal. First and final warning.

Kev

2 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Okay, you win.  I made it up.  

Jesus, give it a rest okay?  Get over it.  Neil is a human being, and human beings have lives outside of your web site.

Dude.

seriously? Virtue signal much? Dial it back for all of us, k?

we’re all human beings here- not just you..and you seem to spend a lot of time here- just sayin.

p

This was my charge several years ago.  Of course she wasn't painted like this when I had her; she was overall white with a green and a blue conjoined stripe running the length of the fuselage, radome to tail fillet.  She was registered as N498JR.  Learjet 35A S/N 498.  Apparently, she's been converted into a flying ambulance but with the ability to be reconfigured back into a pax cabin.

VkfRize.jpg

2 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Apparently the price will be about $200. 

Well, for that price, I think I'll pass unless the kit is extraordinarily detailed and comes with a full civilian Learjet interior as well as the military gadgets.  Even in 1/32, a Lear 35A is not that big a jet.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Not sure how anyone could have preordered the kit since it’s not listed in the pre-order section of the Jetmads website.  It’s listed in the shop with a $0 price, and you can add it to the cart, but that’s not how the Jetmads preorders work, in my experience with the Viggen.

Just re-read his post, he's reserved one, very sorry.