HPH / Infinity Blohm-Voss BV-138 in works

Jan_G

Damn!  A BV-138!  That's one kit that could make me break my (2) self-imposed large scale rules:

1.  No LSP's with more than one engine.

2.  No resin kits.

....btw....  are the panel lines already moulded into the resin?  Cuz if I gotta scribe em...  it's a no go.  Cuz I suck at scribing.

Wow, wow, wooow! I can't believe this. The one plane I was sure would never get released in 1/32 scale!

A couple of years ago I forwarded all the materials, plans details etc. I had collected on the Blohm & Voss BV 138 to HPH asking if they would consider doing it?

Thinking HPH (Walrus/Catalina/ maybe they have the same soft spot for seaplanes as I do? And now this! Whether or not it nudged HPH.. .

Be still my beating heart...

I remember my father, who was born on the island of Bornholm in the Baltic Sea, recount his teenage years during the second world war. One of the things that left a lasting impression with him, was the sound of the BV 138. When the BV 138 would take off or land, the Junkers Jumo 205 aircraft 'diesel' engines would make a very characteristic sound, adding to the myth of this strange looking bird. They used to call it Anders And (Donald Duck in danish).

The only remnants of a BV 138 is at a museum here in Denmark.

1200px-Blohm_&_Voss_BV_138_-_left_side_v

This will be the ultimate modelling experience for sure!

Cheers: Kent

i love the German WWII sea planes and flying boats - I remember making some of the Matchbox kits when i was small in the late 70s early 80s

this is one of the few resin kits i would consider getting although the various horror stories i hear their stuff - plus the fact that i am not going to live 900 years to build all my kits - will probably put me off :doh:

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Hopefully it's going to be in plastic, they'll sell more if it is.

I actually think it could sell quite well in 1/32 and it's not 'too big' either.

With Infinity releasing batches of 1,000 each time, it could well sellout on that number.

Well worth a punt if they can make money on that amount?

I'd buy one, it's a nice seaplane.

Now a Short Sunderland in a scale other than 1/72..................well that's probably another story!  :whistle:

If its IM I'll definitely be getting one. If its resin........I'll likely still get one.

Working on an HpH kit atm, I'd have to have a break before starting something like that.

I'll be getting on likely either way, but at 85cm/34" I'd would definitely classify it as LARGE!

Why oh why oh why must they do this to us?!? I love all floating aircraft and this is now a must have...

It is a strange looking bird for sure but has a weird elegance to it.

I truly hope this is a success because if it is maybe they will do the incomparable Dornier Do-26 in 1/32. 

Best regards

Paul

12 hours ago, kkarlsen said:

A couple of years ago I forwarded all the materials, plans details etc. I had collected on the Blohm & Voss BV 138 to HPH asking if they would consider doing it?

In the images posted, do the paper plans under the prototype model look familiar? There's a color photo of a BV 138 visible too.

Thanks for nudging HPH. Great photo of the preserved wreck.

Adam