HPH / Infinity Blohm-Voss BV-138 in works

Jan_G

28 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

Relating to the picture above.  Are those bullet holes running along the fuselage just above the water line?   The turret looks like it took a few rounds also.   

Yep, bullet holes alright.

Just enough to make it unserviceable! 

12 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Well, they're already doing an Me-323.  So maybe go all out for a 238 or a 222.

Never noticed that the two wing engines had 3 bladed props, while the center engine had 4.  Wonder what the reason was for that?

Matt 

I remember reading that the four blades on the centerline engine balanced the harmonics when the crew sync’d the two outboard engines in flight. In flight the props need to be sync’d and the harmonics balanced to prevent damage to the engine mounts, airframe and empennage. 

Cheers

Alan

36 minutes ago, Jan_G said:

hopefully good sales figures of upcoming kits from Infinity will convince HPH to release it in IM instead of resin/fiberglass :whistle:

30 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

I hope you're right Jan. 

Me too!  

If it came out in IM and the price point could be kept under the $400 USD mark, Id be in.

5 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I hope you are right and this is not over-optimistic considering the C-47 retail price was in the 750€ range.

I know that kit development is expensive and that as the volume goes higher the price can go lower but the HpH C-47 was too rich for my blood.  Almost double the price of the HK Lancaster for a simpler (no turrets, no bomb bay) and smaller kit is not a recipe for a sale to me at least. I honestly wanted the DC-3 version of that kit nd in the Continental Airlines livery that they planned to put it out in but not at that price.

Even $400 USD for the Bv138 looks steep (though it is a fairly complex shape to mould) if it did appear at that price point. $329 for the HK Lancaster at Sprue Brothers is not looking so bad now is it?:coolio:

Best regards,

Paul

if it will come in resin, there is still chance to keep price low, there is no undercarriage, no wheel wells and engines could be released as additional set.

but at least I'm happy that it will be released at some point

Edited by Jan_G

55 minutes ago, Jan_G said:

if it will come in resin, there is still chance to keep price low, there is no undercarriage, no wheel wells and engines could be released as additional set.

but at least I'm happy that it will be released at some point

Jan, those are good points.

HPH's DC-3 has a detailed, full-length interior and a lot of surface texture, neither of which are necessary for the BV-138. Without, as you said, undercarriage, gear bays or exposed engines, it ought to cost less than some of HPH's comparably sized kits.

Adam