P-51D 47th FS / 15th FG, Iwo Jima 1945 [TAM 1:32] - DONE

Alex

3 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

No second yellow fuselage stripe?

I debated over that - the part in front of the tail wheel well is this separate piece that drops in behind the radiator outlet, inset a little bit inside the contour of the fuselage overall.  And the instructions called for it to be all flat black.  I wasn’t sure whether or not the yellow stripe would have been continued over it or not.

6 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

That is immaculate, Alex!

Kev

Thanks!  Immaculate except for that darn reappearing seam on the radiator intake...:angry2:

3 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Great job, Alex!  Your skills really show on this one!

Thanks!  This may be the first LSP that I really feel satisfied with in terms of the final result.  Certainly a significant improvement over the last one I did!  

5 hours ago, Johnny Cloud said:

A real beauty!

Just the right amount of weathering in my opinion.

Thanks!  I am really getting into using pastels for weathering.  The matte surface quality and infinite opportunities to keep adding, removing, and reworking them are ideal for this application IMO.   The only downside is that the final surface is delicate.  I am only handling this model by the wingtips - touching it anywhere else will begin to wear away the pastels, or add skin oil to the mix which makes them much less visible.

21 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Very nicely done, Alex.  You're tempting me to buy one of these.

:goodjob:

Cheers,

Michael

It's strongly recommended.  I really enjoyed it, and the level of quality and detail in the kit really pushed me to try and do my most precise work to do justice to it.