Italeri CF-104 Starfighter "Kicked up a Notch": KLP Publishing eBook now Available!

chuck540z3

10 minutes ago, Winnie said:

I have another one for you.... The Canopy lever on the right hand windowsill is grey with a white end. Forward is locked.

I never officially worked on it, but I worked at a museum in Norway and disassembled 104870's cockpit down to the bars bones.

Cheers!

Hi Winnie,

I think you are half right.  While your colors may be correct, I have to go by what the DACO book says below.  With so many versions of this aircraft and many variations of CF-104's, if I can't find what I need for references, I need to default to this reference book.

Please continue offering advice however.  I need all the help I can get!

p1yaxu.jpg

Cheers,

Chuck

11 hours ago, shark64 said:

Great looking cockpit. 

Always a pleasure to see your work.

Oliver

Thank you Oliver very much.  I do appreciate every single comment, correction, and sometimes just aircraft stories above that might make my threads more interesting to read, so I do them willingly and with some enthusiasm when I have reached a certain build point worthy of an update.   I don't respond to all of them to try and keep the clutter count down, but I do appreciate and read every single one.  Thanks Guys!

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

Your models are really fantastic, definitely something to work towards. I have been stalking your model building for years. I badly want an A-10C in 1/32 and I have read through your build at least 100 times.  I am not yet ready to start that but I sure enjoy your work, it really is fantastic.  The only part of your work that is bad, for me, is that I want to be that good now and I am just not there. I have picked the hobby up again after a few years and am surprised as to how much I have lost lost. Thank you for the motivation and the intimidation ;) your F-104 is remarkable, as are all your others!

Gotta agree 100% with your last comment, Chuck. Its nice to have a stay at home hobby we can turn to. Especially one that can be supported by internet orders!

Brilliant work as always, and its great to see and learn more about the Starfighter.

Edited by Brett M

13 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

When I was a little guy and my dad was stationed at Edwards he's take me with him to the hanger on a Saturday if he needed to do something in his office. He'd tell me to watch for rattlesnakes and "don't touch anything" while I was loose in the hanger with F-104's and F-100's. I'd climb up boarding ladders and just look at the switches

and instruments and the colors in the cockpits. And breath that electrical/sweat smell that airplanes have. Brings back memories Chuck! 

I'm surprised nobody has done a conversion yet to make the "G" model into a NF-104A Aerospace Trainer that was at Edwards. 

Cheers...Ron

My Dad took me to Edwards once. He was an instrumentation technician on the SR-71 , Yf-12a.

I wasn't allowed to leave the car.  :(

Fantastic work Chuck. If you aren’t happy with the handrails you can send me your cockpit and I’ll send you the one from my kit. :)

I only worked on the 104 during OJT, I never had the type course. And my flight in the 104 was a case of me being at the right place at the right time and I had my High Altitude Indoctrination course.