Italeri CF-104 Starfighter "Kicked up a Notch": Feb 27/21, Decal Rivets Half Done

• chuck540z3 changed the title to Italeri CF-104 Starfighter "Kicked up a Notch": Feb 27/21, Decal Rivets Half Done

Thanks you Gents for your kind comments!

Minor update, but I'm a bit pumped.  I've started to add rivets to the Starboard side, and with my new found knowledge of how to apply these little suckers, not only am I now relatively fast, I'm actually enjoying it!  Rivet lines are straighter, film comes off early, no rivets are lost, decals strings are not sticking too soon and the added detail looks terrific.  I am now certain that this bird will be a stunner with several shades of Alclad, especially the High Shine ones.  That is all....;)

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

What an outstanding thread!! I am learning much about the complexities of natural metal finishes!! Chuck, your work is truly superlative and makes for some fabulous opportunities for the community to improve their skills, if they so wish. Thank you!!

Hey guys, as I continue to add a few more thousand decal rivets, LSP Kevin has just sent me the a copy of his new eBook of my Tempest Mk V build.  He did a fantastic job of sifting through my cluttered WIP thread to make it nice and clear and added a lot of new information on both the kit and aftermarket items that are available for it.  It also has a few of my tutorials on how to apply a gloss black finish like this build, apply a camo paint job, decant paint from a spray can, use paint masks, apply HGW wet transfer decals and do salt weathering.  The book can be found at Kevin's website here:

Building the Special Hobby Tempest Mk V in 1/32 Scale

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3