1/32 Bf109E White 13 'Another sortie done'

David Mooney

Hello all, this is my little attempt at another 109. I've been trying to expand my techniques with this one and a few of the experiments have worked pretty well.....i think?! 

For the first i have really gone down the post-shading route and add to that more oil paint weathering, i had always been disappointed with my oil weathering but i found the flaw in my technique....its wasnt done on a matt finish, so problem solved me thinks. 

Painted with Gunze Mr Colours paints and MRP matt varnish to finish, so let me know what you think on the weathering, did i get it to work better? 

4wcdIvDh.jpg

KiLd5SUh.jpg

HiBKXNmh.jpg

Jw8HuN6h.jpg

1ueO5fEh.jpg

bmvQOhbh.jpg

1l7maBkh.jpg

QGk8Ajoh.jpg

bqkoAZIh.jpg

lDcbMVjh.jpg

35 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Fantastic build, David! Which kit is it?

Kev

Thanks for the kind comment Kev, It's Trumpeter's kit 02288 

On 12/2/2020 at 10:10 AM, alain11 said:

hi

very nice !!!!!! you should publish your last batch of pictures  in " black / white " that will bring an original retro lookB)

Alain 

Black n white you say....

8ZHcaFah.jpg

BS7OKmXh.jpg

L5WmbaCh.jpg

DrVHgkHh.jpg

How's that? 

14 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Very nice!   I really like the subtle dirt at the wing root.  Gonna have to try it myself.  But I have trouble blending as nicely as you have done.

Thanks Gazzas, I used to to have a lot of trouble blending oils like you but I found it was due to not have a good matt surface for the oils to grip to. Start small and build the colours up, for this I use small eye make-up applicator sponges which you can buy cheaply on ebay.