mozart

33 minutes ago, europapete said:

Awesome Max! I ordered one yesterday :thumbsup:  Regards, Pete in RI

Cheers Pete, you won’t be disappointed but it will be interesting to see with yours and my second one if all the parts are there. Trouble is, like the SW kits, there’s no parts list so the initial job of trying to identify what’s what and where it goes is a bit of a challenge!  

Thanks Brian and Craig, she’s certainly one of the most attractive and charismatic models that I’ve made so far.

I’m doing a bit of research into the colour of the prop, not a lot out there but it seems whilst early Furies had a natural wood-finish, that was later changed by adding a linen covering. Again there’s the difficulty of interpreting black and white photos but evidence points towards a light or medium grey colour, possibly with black on the aft surfaces.  The beautiful restored one at Duxford has an all black prop, I’m sure they’ve done their research too! 

Hi Max 

No wish to derail your great build thread , (please PM me to delete this post if you feel it is inappropriate ) but took some more pics of the Hawker....er ....not Fury as I thought in the Victoria the other day . Either way though you might appreciate them ...the bar staff gave me those "sad old bogger" looks ! 

769393-C0-B672-44-D1-BF45-821-DD114-DC27

7739536-F-16-C4-4-E08-BAF4-BAB1245-D17-E

133-E468-F-CC70-458-C-92-A4-6-B25-DAA94-

8 hours ago, mozart said:

Great looking model but not a Fury, twin seats so probably a Hart? 

Those are 603 Sqn markings iirc, as included in the old Airfix 1/72 Demon; but the aeroplane looks like a Hart trainer to me. Wonder if the Flying School your Fury belonged to had any of those on strength as well?

Edited by MikeC

11 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

The serial is a fake , belongs to an autogyro . 

Apparently in the late 80's it was full of RAF memorabilia so maybe a retirement pub for some ex RAF person ? 

It's a big model , probably a bit too big to be an RC , although a bit too huge as a static model. 

Curious ! 

Definitely needs investigation! :coolio::beer4:

• 3 weeks later...

What's the opposite word for "progress", is it unprogress? :wacko::hmmm:  I started applying the masks for the underwing serial numbers:

YIRiT8.jpg

Gh5wVh.jpg

and applied the paint (MRP of course):

9PLHyd.jpg

but when removing the masks some of the paint pulled away too, and the rest after a period of drying was rather "flaky":

Hshh3Y.jpg

so I've cut my losses and sanded the whole lot off:

H2S8d6.jpg

The lower wings have now been sprayed with white then a yellow top coat ready for my second try!  :(  I don't really know why this peeling has happened, any thoughts chaps? 

And look what Caroline, my favourite post lady has just brought me:

2pONox.jpg

:frantic:

Edited by mozart