mozart

36 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Oh my! Great work Max

Cheers Brian, always good to try something different in modelling, stops any danger of boredom/mojo loss - love a challenge!

31 minutes ago, Iain said:

Nice work Max!

I've not tried my cutter for that - but notes made...  :)

Iain

Thanks Iain, good to see you around.  Just in a few attempts with BMF this afternoon I'm learning not to be afraid of it - it's quite resilient and takes a bit of rough handling so if this works on all the panels I think it will be my go-to method, it's certainly more forgiving than some NMF Alclad finishes.  Has the Wiltshire Modelling Club re-convened yet in Chippenham (don't do facebook anymore so no feedback).

It's all looking very fine there ! 

Hawkers bipes always looked so graceful . unlike my friends at Blackburn efforts. 

i occasionally frequent the Victoria pub in Jericho , Oxford , which has a very nice 1/6th scale (or so) Fury hanging in its stairwell . Always puts a smile on my face. 

He he 

Well if you fancy a "LSP meetup" I'm in drinking in Oxford every other Thursday generally 

The pub is here :-

Jericho - Student and Morse zone .

90 Walton St, Oxford OX2 6EB

https://www.victorianpub.co.uk/

The pies are .....good ...........but not "write home about" good  !

The staff are mainly students so couldn't tell me anything regarding the model.

More work on the Fury after a lovely week's holiday in Monmouthshire!  I've finished cutting all the nose panels except the bottom one using the Silhouette cutter, makes life so much easier!  These pics show the forward nose band being applied, quite a complex curve so lots of pressure and burnishing required, but results are OK:

1GwUea.jpg

bLxfMO.jpg

LT5VVI.jpg

VfGGID.jpg

yXPJAx.jpg

Some points that I've learned about using Bare Metal foil:

a)  it's quite robust so can take a bit of "mishandling"

b) despite its inherent stickiness, it can be moved slightly before final smoothing and burnishing

c) it can be cut perfectly on a Silhouette cutter using a Force setting of 2

d) it comes off easily if you don't get it right the first time and need to re-apply a newly cut panel BUT

e) every time you peel one off, it leaves a slight sticky residue which prevents b) above to a degree

f) it goes down well, I've used a combination of different size and profile cotton buds as my main tools but for real burnishing of creased parts the handles of a small pair of scissors works

Might even do some painting soon.....there's quite a bit of touching up to do as well as all the markings!  So looking forward to getting that top wing permanently on, I can't count the number of times I've bashed the interplane struts...it's amazing they are still there.

With less trouble than expected, the final nose panel was fitted.  I'd be the first to admit that it is not perfect, a little tweaking is necessary in some not-so-obvious places, so I'm pretty much calling the foiling done.  Having said that, I am going to try covering the intakes on the side panels, having gained some experience with applying foil I think it's eminently doable.

6ywovb.jpg