mozart

5 hours ago, europapete said:

Looking at those photo's Max, the kit does not 'look' like the fuselage is too deep. The proportions look ok. How is it in real life? 

Well I look at it sometimes, from some angles and think, "Hmmm, a bit porky perhaps?" but then other times it looks slim, shark-like and predatory!  I can certainly live with it, in fact I'm arguing with myself about getting a second "spatted" version......I wonder which "self" will win: Mr Want or Mr Need?? :D:coolio:

• 1 month later...

So work continues, albeit at a snail's pace, on my Hawker Fury.  It's ready for some paint so a couple of early wafts with the airbrush have been made:

SSdryg.jpg

RfCRCC.jpg

I've managed to find a couple of photos of the one that I'm modelling, K8267 of RAF Montrose circa 1938/9.  Not the clearest of pics, but the obvious difference from the kit as supplied is tail wheel v tail skid, mine currently has the latter and I don't think, but I'm not sure, if a tail wheel was supplied as an option.....must check that out.

yAok74.jpg

JW0UWr.jpg

XyT07g.jpg

Is there also a rectangular back ground to the "7"....:hmmm:and I'm not totally persuaded about the yellow upper wingtips though the profile is probably basing the markings on this one:

9sEQh8.jpg

This artist's impression is attractive but:

8OfJIB.png

not one I'll be using.  More before too long I hope!

14 minutes ago, airscale said:

love it Max!

I have a real soft spot for the Fury now and this one is going to be a stunner 

..one of the hardest parts of modelling one is choosing a scheme and I think you have landed on a winner :)

Peter

Thank you Peter, I'm a great Fury-lover too!  I especially like the way the look of the aeroplane changes once it's in the air, with no weight on the oleos it looks very "leggy" reminding me of a a young horse or some such! :rolleyes:  If you're going to have yours at Telford I'll try to make it up there to see it, worth the long journey.  This colour scheme is quite unusual as far as Furies go though I was tempted to do an all silver one of 1 Squadron similar to yours.  I'm doing my own masks for all the main markings just for fun!

18 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

Like the yellow!  Will set off the camo well.

Matt 

And hopefully further contrast with the bright shiny nose panels!  I'm sure they weren't kept that bright for day-to-day use but if the AOC was paying a visit.....? :D  Gotta have a bit of artistic licence. 

23 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

With summer here, I feel like I haven't seen you much my friend!   This is looking lovely so far, and I think the scheme is a REAL head turner.

This is true Brian, no real time for modelling and, if I'm honest, not that much inclination until very recently.....but the urge is back!! :P

3 minutes ago, mozart said:

This is true Brian, no real time for modelling and, if I'm honest, not that much inclination until very recently.....but the urge is back!! :P

Same ,same honestly. Ive been on an outdoors kick as usual, but its more to do with selling my Jeep and getting the trailer put away for the season. I think once I do the former, Ill have much more MoJo for modeling! 

• 3 weeks later...

Work continues with the Fury, painting and masking "background" areas before getting on with the roundels etc.

GP6hWX.jpg

I'm pleased to say on investigation that a tail wheel was supplied, so that's fitted....but it looks like the axle has come adrift....oops!

x2Iorc.jpg

I've made masks for the camouflage and hope to spray the green section this afternoon.