AIMS Bf 110 G-2/R1 conversion

Pastor John

20 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I came across this build, which has a speculative scratch built version.

Nice work John, get well soon.

This is the only build I know too so far. The german text lines just say what I mentioned above: No known photos or drawings, the booster equipment is his guesswork based on oral history. Nice conversion work nevertheless.

Regards

- dutik

p.s. Another detail of this build: The "guns" above the nose are not guns, but the protective pipes around the guns left in place with a plug at the tip.

Edited by dutik

Dutik the photo of M8+KM does not show the nose anyway, if the line up photo of other 4th Staffel machines - all of which have nose MG 17s and MG 81 Z removed and no dust protectors fitted - is went by then I would say the same goes for M8+KM. Yes the build of the GM 1 boost tank is very similar to that installed in the aft bomb bay of the Ju 88 S-1 but not the same size. the Ju 88 GM 1 tank - all three of them - is 150mm by 300 mm in 1/32 whilst the space available in the back of a 1/32 Dragon 110 kit is 20-50 and so I have drawn one up for 3D modelling

I should have clarified that his addition of the gun protective pipes are also guesswork and not based on photos of this particular aircraft. His educated guess was that a number of late Bf-110 had this kind of protective pipes that were not removable (at least not in an easy way) so he added them to his build...

How do you doing, John? Did you pass the test well? Are you OK?

Regards

- dutik

Hi Dutik waited 10 hours without being able to eat or drink only at 8pm this evening to be told on the phone that the ambulance had been dispatched tot he wrong village and so i have to wait all day again tomorrow. As so my no I am far from ok sadly but thanks for asking:(

Hi guys thanks for your concern, I am 80% better now, I think? It comes in waves so you think you are well one minute and then crash again. Quick test in Ambulance was negative but many people here in Hungary report the same only to be rushed into hospital the next day and the re-test is positive! Anyway its been a bad 13 days but the worst is over I think. Still waiting for my lab results and the promised phone call so who knows? In the mean time just had to rest and isolate, much else you can do anyway when your head is spinning and your running for the toilet haha. Thanks again, much appreciated guys.