AIMS Bf 110 G-2/R1 conversion

Pastor John

Hi everyone I am happy to announce that in the New Year I will have a 1/32 Bf 110 G-2/R1 conversion. I have finished all the decal work and it has gone off to the printers and the 3D modelling is going on very well and I will show 3D renders as and when I have them. 1/32 conversion will include decals, resin parts, Shatton Bau barrel, photo- etch and vac form canopy (clear resin available as a separate purchase) - altogether a very big comprehensive set similar to my G-4 conversion. For now here is the preview of the decals and their profiles. Thanks for looking, John

1-32-decals.jpgpage-1.jpgpage-2.jpgpage-3.jpgpage-4.jpgpage-5-1-32.jpg

Here! I take a set! :speak_cool:

As for the small red markings some spelling corrections from a native speaker:

Die Federhülse des Verschlußvorholers am Verschluß entkuppeln

Schließe Füllvorrichtung FD 2 an den Preßluftaußenbordanschluß

an und fülle Preßluftflaschen mit 150 atü auf

It is just the capital letters at the beginning of the nouns (or the sentence) and the two points above the "ue" umlauts (mutatde vowels), some very own particularities of the German language.

I also think that the phrase (Abb.) was only in the manual and not painted onto the aircraft, because Abb. is the german abbreviation for illustration.

Nice work so far :punk:

Regards

- dutik

Well, AFAIK there are no known photos of the nitrous booster equipment of the 110, just some written descriptions elsewhere (manuals or crew memoires). It was at the rear cockpit and replaced the rear gunners place, occupying the room up to the wireless operators seat. But the real look and size of the GM tank is unknown today. So everybody here is on it's own to scratchbuild this device if required.

Regards

- dutik

Odd that it was in the rear as the R3 required the removal of the upper nose weapons and so I assumed it was in there in their place? Anyway all my options have weapons in the nose and so it is not on my list of things to tick off for this big conversion. as for large tail wheels - as in my G-4 conversion - as per anything I do just call for a single part and I supply what ever you need - but no I will not cut up a decal sheet to give one of the  options - yes somebody did actually have the cheek to ask that once! Tail wheel - no problem! But as things are I am going down hill at a rapid pace and the ambulance is coming in next couple of days to test me for the virus so tail wheel will have to wait.

Edited by Pastor John

Not so good news... :mellow: Please take care of yourself!

I think the removal of the nose weapons might have been a weight saving measure to compensate for the extra weight of the booster pack.

As for the tailwheel: I'll simple put it on the list when buying the G2 set.

Best wishes!

- dutik

2 hours ago, Pastor John said:

I am not familiar with the nitrous booster equipment - please email me at aimsmodels1@gmail.com but basically if it is not an external feature or viable in the cockpit the answer is no, thanks again

Thanks, John- do take care in these perilous times- and best of luck!

Hi guys as I sit here waiting for ambulance to arrive so can get tested here are the latest 3D renders for AIMS 1/32 Bf 110 G-2/R1 conversion and 1/48 and 1/72 Eduard kit updates. Everything is coming along nicely thanks to the amazing work of Ottó Józsa, just need to re-shape metal boot around gun barrel - enjoy! Just the ammo clips, GM-1 tank (no photos to go on just basic shape from factory drawing inside Ju 88 S-1 bomb-bay) and some PE parts left to design. Thanks and stay safe.

3D-6.jpg3D-2.jpg3D-1.jpg3D5.jpg