Picked up my F-4 Phantom rear canopy (Real One with pictures)

AlbertD

A while ago I told you guys I was getting this from a friend. He lives in Nevada and I'm in Washington so we ended up meeting in Oregon. I have not had time to look for all the markings and do any research but here it is. My wife thinks I'm nuts for wanting it and maybe I am but if anyone understands you guys do. My friend lives near and worked at NAS Fallon so I assume it came from a Navy version that was sent to the scrap yard.

Here are some pictures.

Canopy-1.jpg

Canopy-2.jpg

Canopy-4.jpg

Canopy-5.jpg

Canopy-6.jpg

2 hours ago, Michael931080 said:

Sorry Albert but it's not an F-4 Canopy, it's actually a canopy from the "Alien Crash" site in Roswell, New Mexico.

So I would be more than happy to take it off your hands and forward it to my favourite museum, MINE!  :rolleyes:

Enjoy it and totally envious!

The aliens might want it back. I wouldn't want to put that on you. You know how those guys can be when they want their stuff back.

15 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

A lot of folks would never understand my having an old rusty Panzer IV or Tiger track link either. Though for me, it's a way to literally touch the past, a past that I've been mesmerized by for ages, so I'd do it in a New York minute, regardless of what others thought.

Same here, but to me  it's propellors aaaaall the way

16 minutes ago, chuck540z3 said:

Very cool!  If it was mine, I'd get to work on restoring it.  What is the glass made of?  Can it be polished clear again?

Cheers,

Chuck

I plan to at least clean it up. It looks like good old Plexiglass and it's about 1/2 inch thick. It should polish up well.