Meng's Fokker DR.1 pilot

panzerrob

Hi Rob.

I am building this kit ATM along with painting a figure of MvR in 1/32 posed seated on the rear of the cockpit and his legs resting on the seat. I believe but will stand corrected it was based on an actual photo. The facial likeness is remarkable but can pass off of course as anyone else if you are not doing his a/c

MODEL CELLAR - MC 32009 is the figure code. Resin made, superb details and seats realistically on the model too - check it out.

HTH

Gary

I forgot to add; 'Wingscockpitfigures' sold by a chap called Dave Allen also did a number of resin seated 1/32 German (and RFC) pilots for generic WW1 aircraft types. Some were former MDC figures whilst others he had commission sculpted for his range by the likes of Benoit Cauchies and Steve Warrilow (ex 'The Fusilier'). A great range that was superbly detailed and cast and is much missed.

They have been out of production for a couple of years now but an internet search may still track some down.

Gary

10 hours ago, Gary Needham said:

I forgot to add; 'Wingscockpitfigures' sold by a chap called Dave Allen also did a number of resin seated 1/32 German (and RFC) pilots for generic WW1 aircraft types. Some were former MDC figures whilst others he had commission sculpted for his range by the likes of Benoit Cauchies and Steve Warrilow (ex 'The Fusilier'). A great range that was superbly detailed and cast and is much missed.

They have been out of production for a couple of years now but an internet search may still track some down.

Gary

Wings Cockpit Figures were not MDC we just sold them for David via our site,and I can assure you they are NOT out of production as at present we are casting a batch for him with several new subjects including WW2 RAF Bomber Command a couple of WW2 French pilots and Doug Craners new Werner Voss trio for the Meng Triplane which I think will be reviewed in the new Windsock Book .

You can purchase them direct from David  david.allen@wingscockpitfigures.com and steps are afoot to have a few more outlets will keep you posted on that.

Bob

19 hours ago, Gary Needham said:

Hi Rob.

I am building this kit ATM along with painting a figure of MvR in 1/32 posed seated on the rear of the cockpit and his legs resting on the seat. I believe but will stand corrected it was based on an actual photo. The facial likeness is remarkable but can pass off of course as anyone else if you are not doing his a/c

MODEL CELLAR - MC 32009 is the figure code. Resin made, superb details and seats realistically on the model too - check it out.

HTH

Gary

OAXZ3RW.jpg

18 hours ago, Bob MDC said:

Wings Cockpit Figures were not MDC we just sold them for David via our site,and I can assure you they are NOT out of production as at present we are casting a batch for him with several new subjects including WW2 RAF Bomber Command a couple of WW2 French pilots and Doug Craners new Werner Voss trio for the Meng Triplane which I think will be reviewed in the new Windsock Book .

You can purchase them direct from David  david.allen@wingscockpitfigures.com and steps are afoot to have a few more outlets will keep you posted on that.

Bob

My apology Bob for any misunderstanding about your association with that company. I know I bought figs from you several ago at UK shows when you had your 'MDC' stall and some of those same figs ( the standing Galland piece for one from memory) was sold as 'MDC' and later found their way into Dave's range and under his label.

I last corresponded with Dave a couple of years ago when I placed my last order and was told that for some personal reasons, he may be throttling back on the range; hence my honest belief of thinking they were currently OOP.

Irrespective, you have made clear the status so if they are available, then I say 'buy them with complete confidence' !

Gary

Thanks Gary I have been involved with the Wings cockpit figures from day one as MDC casts all the figures.

We did retail them before we downsized MDC, but I think you should see more of them in the near future as he has some fantastic new releases.

Back to topic Wings has a few WW1 seated pilots but has some new ones for the Meng release one with Voss leaning on the cowl of the aircraft and another two figure set with Voss sitting on to of the aircraft accepting a bunch of flowers from a small girl.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...