Abandoned Butcher Bird, a 190 in Czechoslovakia, 1945

ChuckD

Hi, everyone.  Here's my latest project.  After slogging through a couple long complex builds, I wanted to do something quick, fun, and easy.  So, I grabbed the Revell of German FW-190F-8 kit off the shelf and this is what came out.  I'm making no pretenses whatsoever to be perfectly historically accurate, but the general idea is to convey a forgotten and abandoned FW-190 that was stuffed under some low trees and covered with tarps for camouflage from roving allied fighter bombers.  

I found the "Yellow K" paint scheme referenced in a 1/48 Eduard kit and decided to do up some masks on my Silhouette cutter to match.  Pretty much everything else is straight out of the box.  The kit itself is really nice, especially for the cost.  It went from "in the box" to "mostly built" in about 7 hours.  That includes painting, decaling, and weathering the cockpit. The cowling was the only finicky part, but a lot of tape and liquid superglue had it coming out pretty nicely.  The exhaust stacks where they meet with the cylinder heads were short-shot in one area, but since I was going with a closed cowling, it wasn't a big deal.  It would've been a deal breaker on a cowl-open build though.

Paints were MRP and weathering was done with oils, Mig washes, and pigments.  The trees are twisted wire covered with plaster and woodland scenics foliage.  Tarp is tissue paper laid down with white glue and water, then painted in situ. Ground work is still a skill I'm working to improve, but I'm reasonably happy with how everything turned out.

On to the pics.  Hope you enjoy.

sN5eRhl.jpg

joOueMe.jpg

VRfwZKn.jpg

P5ZbYh5.jpg

gkTNrjX.jpg

5YMlJ4K.jpg

tjy4AIp.jpg

jzwmcUG.jpg

IHTsMDQ.jpg

kYCBFzM.jpg

gBviGro.jpg

C8kjFTN.jpg

1SoidDm.jpg

nmVVF92.jpg

E5jRFBM.jpg

iNih3Yd.jpg

6uia6gb.jpg

EdLredx.jpg

dj9DZfU.jpg

6f5ammh.jpg

uDX8LEt.jpg

rZxMRYe.jpg

E4RjTXB.jpg

If you've made it this far, you may have noticed that I forgot to put on the lenses for the wingtip and rudder lights.  My bad.  I've since fixed that, but I *really* didn't want to drag the photography set out again just to take updated pics.  :p  

Edited by ChuckD

• ChuckD changed the title to Abandoned Butcher Bird, a 190 in Czechoslovakia, 1945
  • 2 weeks later...