Commissioned Paint Work

Trooper7

To Whom it may interest...

I have just discovered this forum and have been amazed by some of the paintwork contained herein.

I'm not sure if this something you any of you would be interested in but I though I would run it by you and see where it goes...

I fly large scale RC aircraft. I am currently looking at buying an F4U Corsair, 1:8 scale (62" wingspan) and I simply do not possess the skill sets required to give it the paint job I would like it to have.

So I am wondering if anyone here would consider taking on the task of painting this larger model?  I do not expect it would be an quick and easy project so I am willing to compensate properly for what I know is time and labor intensive.

You can email me direct at trooper7@shaw.ca

Have a look at this and also his other videos, this is the work of my friend Ian who like me is a professional industrial model maker for 30 years who is an absolute master at painting aircraft, he's probably got the time to do it as he's just been redundant from doing prototype work on military target drones. The only snag is we are UK based but you'd get what you're looking for.

Graham 

I use to fly RC. Built a Ziroli Corsair for a guy, but never painted it. Think it was a 93” wing span.  Keep in mind modelers are use to buying paint in tiny quantities, RC will require buying paint modelers are not use to.  

12 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

I use to fly RC. Built a Ziroli Corsair for a guy, but never painted it. Think it was a 93” wing span.  Keep in mind modelers are use to buying paint in tiny quantities, RC will require buying paint modelers are not use to.  

I did for years as well and very good point on paint quantities. Not to mention most of our model paints are not fuel proof if your using gas engines. 

Actually, you do have the skills to paint your models, you just don’t know it yet.  The only difference between what you are looking for and what we do here is size.  We often use a paint mule - a junker model - to practice on.  You can do the same thing.  The equipment and paints you’ll need might be a little different because you will have more area to cover and your model lives in a different environment, but the principles are the same.  Some of the discount tool supply stores sell passable compressors, air brushes and even small paint guns that will work for BIG models for less than you’d think.  And let’s face it, you’re going to wreck your airplane at some point.  It will be a lot less painful if you have the skills and tools to fix it yourself, not to mention being able to say, “Oh, yeah.  I painted it myself.  I think it turned out pretty decent.”