Göring’s White Fokker D.vii

2 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Done right, at the logical wear points I think would be striking.

But how much “wear” would 5125/18 have endured in its brief lifespan? I would think perhaps around the metal “service” areas, but the underlying fabric areas? And since the Lozenge colors were printed, white paint would be sufficiently opaque to cover it (as on white areas of other loz-finished D.VII’s). And the weight table & serial over white indicate factory white finish.

Just my zwei Pfennig,

Rob

3 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Done right, at the logical wear points I think would be striking.

24 minutes ago, Rob Owens said:

But how much “wear” would 5125/18 have endured in its brief lifespan? I would think perhaps around the metal “service” areas, but the underlying fabric areas? And since the Lozenge colors were printed, white paint would be sufficiently opaque to cover it (as on white areas of other loz-finished D.VII’s). And the weight table & serial over white indicate factory white finish.

Just my zwei Pfennig,

Rob

For me it may not be correct to show the lozenge but it would just be more interesting. Much of the WW I and even some WW II colors are subjective. Most of the time we just have a couple of poor quality B&W photos to go by. Try finding enough decent photos of  P-51 Mustang to be sure of everything. Sometimes we only see the nose are quarter of the plane. We rarely get good photos of the right side of the plane and they are all B&W so who knows if the colors are correct.

12 hours ago, Gazzas said:

I understand the OP's desire to make the model look interesting using translucent effects.  My hope is someday to be able to do the white finish with shading  and highlighting effects to make a nice model.

If nothing else, mud, dust and oil might help give it some character.

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

If nothing else, mud, dust and oil might help give it some character.

Although those effects are inclusive in my still-forming plan, my idea involves a base and some light, reflecting colors, as in life all colors are affected by the colors and lighting surrounding them.  Anyway...  that's the theory.  Whether my mind and my hands can make it look good and believable...  that remains to be seen.