Something to raise a smile - What’s your reason to be cheerful?

Stokey Pete

Over the last few weeks, our daughter has started to recognise lots of things (she’s 2.5 yrs old). Chief among them is the babbled word “airbopwane” while pointing at my model display shelves. This has me fearing for my built stash’s future while simultaneously smiling inwardly as she shouts.
Solution? 
Give her one to play with. I have a new one in the stash to build, that I intended to replace this with. It lasted approx’ 10 min’s before being reduced to a pile of plastic bits. She’s enjoying herself with it though.
I have the perfect excuse to break open the new Tamiya now. 
I thought this image would give people a smile or a giggle. 

50637534238_a944ca3f57_b.jpg

Edited by Stokey Pete

I find this rather amusing; for the last two years or so, I periodically discover random bits of what appears to be small black and orange bits of decal on my right hand. This has been a real head-scratcher for me, and only ever appears on my right hand, never my left. I just went out on the deck for a smoke, but before I did, I crushed an empty pack for the trash, something I frequently do. Sure enough, small bits on my hand again, but I now finally understand that it's the tax stamp decal from the bottom of the pack that's been leaving the deposits all along. Two years it took me to figure this out, as I never realized the correlation before today; mystery now solved, and that makes me smile, as well as feeling a bit silly.

My border collie, “Ludique” is learning how to bring kindling wood in from the garage.   She shortcuts through the garage to go out onto the the deck to bark at the birds in the trees. For that treat she now has to grab a piece of wood, bring it into the house and drop it by the fireplace.  She loves doing things. The wood in her mouth and her prancing along makes me smile.  I really crack up when she drops the wood in the kitchen along the way to the fireplace when she thinks my wife may have a snack for for her.  Smart dog = con artist sometimes.  Next training step is to move her to put the stick into the kindling box.  

I've given my son a half dozen or so finished kits.  My wife always wonders why on earth I would do that.  My rationale is that he will get more joy out of playing with it than anyone else will as it collects dust on a shelf.  It's sparked a huge interest in aviation for him, so I consider it a good investment.

10 hours ago, mpk said:

New South Wales has not seen any person to person transmission of covid in 28 days. 

That is a reason to be cheerful. 

Firstly, it's great news that you have been given a much improved prognosis. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

Secondly, what are you Aussies doing that the rest of the world aren't? In the UK, we've had more than 55,000 COVID deaths and counting. I can appreciate that Oz is blimming enormous and has a population about a half the size of the UK, but I can only conclude that we are doing something very wrong...

Chris.   

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Correcting a typo.